Central Office Engineer (Government)
- Springfield, VA
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network/telephony solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our National Security team supports elements of the US Government responsible for informing and defending our nation - globally. As a partner on the SERENA contract, we provide leadership and professional services in telephony lifecycle services for a national security client.
AT&T has an opening for a Telephony Project Engineer to support a US Govt. customer in the Northern VA area in providing programmatic operations and oversight to a critical professional services contract.
- Display extensive Knowledge of Nokia 5ESS switch
- Perform both 5ESS hands on and architecture design
- Perform 5ESS log management/monitoring/analysis
- Write and execute scripting for alarm, log analysis, automation on 5ESS
- Manage vendor relationship
- Analyze Traffic data to properly size service provider trunks
- Perform higher tier Operations and Maintenance (O&M)
- Manage and troubleshoot Signaling System 7 and Primary Rate Interface (PRI) connections to service providers
- Develop and implement transition plans to VoIP
- Interface to service providers for trunk testing, troubleshooting and integration
Top Secret (TS) SCI w/Polygraph (#polygraph)
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent technical certification/education, 10+ Years of Experience with Central Office telephone systems and Local Exchange Companies
- Excellent verbal, written communications skills, customer engagement and organization skills are a must.
Professional level certifications with Telephony vendors, ITIL certification(s)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top