Cabling Technician (CT0) (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Cable Technician - To support the team in providing leadership and training to and other technicians assigned to install, repair and/or testing of voice, data, and audio-visual infrastructures.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Communicate regularly with the customers, Cabling Group Manager, and/or Cabling Supervisor, to stay abreast of changes in work task and deadlines
- Coordinate the day-to-day work assignments and scheduling of junior crewmembers, which may consist of temp labor and subcontractors
- Interact with the client, contractors and vendors on the job site
- Create a positive work environment on the job site at all times
- Verify work hours of crewmembers on a daily basis
- Delegate work tasks to junior crewmembers and verifies that work delegated is being completed within a reasonable amount of time and with quality
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures
- Help maintain a safe work environment for all crew members by abiding by the Company's commitment to provide every employee with a safe and healthy work environment
- May work and direct a crew of 2 to 4 technicians and helpers while under the supervision of a Cabling Manager or Cabling Supervisor
- Ability to work independently or with other Cabling Service Technicians performing service calls, completing adds, moves and changes
- Update customer prints and documentation as required
- Complete work orders, material transfer forms, and other documentation required by the company
- Furthers oneself though on-going education: either corporate or specialty courses
Required Qualifications: Must have a High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of two (2) years technical experience in commonly used installation, termination, testing procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of associated hardware, equipment and specifications as they pertain to Network Topologies and/or Telecommunication Voice/Data Systems.
- Must also have the physical ability to lift 50 pounds, perform cable termination, testing, cable rack preparation, layout and installation, and documentation.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, climbing ladders, crouching, and/or crawling; periodic work in tight areas
Desired Qualifications: 8570 Certification.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top