Cable Technician - Full Performance (Government)
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Provisioning Telecommunications Technician - To support the 24x7 Network Operations Center in providing critical installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Maintain technology/telecommunication equipment and installs; rearrange and remove equipment and associated wiring
- Interpret service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics
- Test, locate, and repair equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance
- Fiber and copper installation and support experience (termination, testing, installing)
- Support initiatives for project-related and ongoing operations for voice communication services
- Implement and troubleshoots voice related solutions/incidents/system outages
- Monitor, review, recommend, test and implement new software revision/ feature sets/ Patch evaluation and periodic system refresh
This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
Required Qualifications/Certifications: Candidate must have a total of 7 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 7 years of work history OR an Associate's and 5 years, a Bachelors' and 3 years, a Masters and 1 year or a PhD and 0 years of work history. BICSI Certification and RCDD/DD Certification required.
Desired Qualifications/Certifications: Cisco certification
Work to be performed in Mclean, VA
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top