Cable Design and Deployment Engineer (Government)
- McLean, VA
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network/telephony solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our National Security team supports elements of the US Government responsible for informing and defending our nation - globally. As a partner on the SERENA contract, we provide leadership and professional services in telephony lifecycle services for a national security client.
AT&T has an opening for a Telephony Project Engineer to support a US Govt. customer in the Northern VA area in providing programmatic operations and oversight to a critical professional services contract.
- Perform customer site surveys for building cable/fiber design supporting IP based endpoints and infrastructure.
- Perform customer site surveys in building cable/fiber design for traditional telephony endpoints and infrastructure
- Display Knowledge of current building cabling standards
- Display Knowledge of fiber optic on-premise cabling design
- Prepare and brief design documentation for cabling new buildings and expanding cable infrastructure in existing buildings
- Design and plan transition from traditional telephony cabling to current building cable design which supports IP based endpoints.
- Develop Bill of Materials for procurement based on cabling design
- Develop standards for building cabling to be implemented across all sites
Top Secret (TS) SCI w/Polygraph (#polygraph)
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience. 10+ years of experience building cabling design and deployment.
- Excellent verbal, written communications skills, customer engagement and organization skills are a must. Excellent organizational skills.
ITIL certification(s), BICSI certifications
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top