Business Development Manager
- Washington, DC
This is the big leagues. AT&T is a world leader in communications, business solutions and entertainment. As part of our Business Sales team, you'll work with small to large enterprises as well as government agencies to sell our full-scale business solutions.
You'll be part of the team that walks our customers through the AT&T cutting-edge products, shows them the benefit of our advanced services, and ultimately closes the deal. We are not just the phone company anymore and you aren't just any sales person. This could be your chance to join a company that is known for being innovative, successful and ahead of the curve.
With the AT&T history of success and commitment to emerging technologies, this is the ideal sales environment for a professional looking to build an amazing career.
AT&T Business Development Manager - AT&T Consulting is directly responsible for selling the company consulting and/or other professional services. AT&T Business Development Manager develops and executes strategies that deliver value added solutions in support of the strategic business needs and objectives of the customer. Roles and responsibilities of AT&T's Business Development Manager include but not limited to the following:
• Articulate AT&T strategy and our ability to deliver industry leading consulting, professional services and strategic solutions
• Develop and execute strategies in order to solve customers strategic business goals
• Leverage industry knowledge, consulting and professional service knowledge in order to find and close opportunities
• Consults during joint sales meetings with customers and direct sales teams
• Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies & competitors
• Understand, develop and deliver strategic solutions to customers that address customer business, organization or information processes
• Formulate sales plan for assigned accounts and may provide input sales strategies for region.
• Ensures forecasts are met
• Helps with difficult customer problems and participates in important negotiations with key customers
• Assists in planning sales strategy and training sales representatives in implementing plans
• Develops tactical strategy to accomplish plans
• Executes on Sr. leadership strategic direction
• Analyzes and documents current effectiveness of applications/products/services in supporting the customer strategic business goals.
• Demonstrates general knowledge and consultative selling skills with the assistance/support of the Direct Sales/Consulting team.
• Develop and implement AT&T Business Plans
• Maintain and cultivate client relationships at management and executive level
• Partners with customers to understand business needs, issues, strategies and priorities in order to deliver value-added solution and services
• Successfully assess situations and engage appropriate partner to address business needs
• Prepare proposals, presentations, bids or plans as necessary
• Prepare sales documentation, activity reports, and forecasts as required
• Research and develop complex customer solutions
• Partner with internal and external customers as required
• Research customer business and leverage industry knowledge to identify new opportunities
Required Skills and Experience
• Eight to ten years of relevant sales experience
• Seven or more years of solution based sales experience
• 5 or more years of experience Consulting and/or Professional Services
• Executive positioning
• Experience selling to businesses with needs that require complex solutions
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Strong sales track record, excellent persuasion skills and strong negotiation skills
• Extensive knowledge of AT&T Portfolio
• Industry expertise
• Identify and deliver customer based solutions
• Pass interview/assessment qualifications
• Valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record
• Strong organizational and technical knowledge sufficient to resolve complex problems.
• Pass interview/assessment qualifications
• AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
Desired Skills and Education
• 10 or more years of relevant sales experience
• Knowledgeable of AT&T functional / process areas
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or MIS is preferred
Back to top