Business Development Lead - NGA and INSCOM (Government)
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our National Security business development Team supports our customers in the intelligence community and the Nation's warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, network, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Business Development to support the National Security Segment, responsible for providing identifying, qualifying and winning new business within the Intelligence Community. This is a critical role to help find business opportunities in a hard to penetrate market within the Intelligence Community.
- The candidate will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, capturing, and winning new business in the National Security Segment (NSS) focused on organizational departments within the Intelligence Community (IC). Target clients are located in Washington Metro Area (Northern Virginia, Washington DC and Central Maryland).
- Developing an assessment of the budget, spending, and procurements associated within the IC
- Evaluate technology vertical markets within telecommunications, network operations, data centers/cloud computing, cyber security and mobile solutions
- Build relationships with IC and target client's leadership to ensure awareness of AT&T capabilities and initiatives while making sure that we have alignment at the senior levels.
- Lead opportunity reviews and decision gates that consist of: 1) identification; 2) qualification; 3) opportunity development; and 4) bid/no bid.
- Candidate will identify prospective IC opportunities using relationships with existing AT&T customers, market assessment, industry sources, partners, and customers.
- Candidate will qualify prospective opportunities by evaluating past performance, competition, relationships, and incumbents while positioning with the customer, assembling a winning approach and team, identifying customer hot buttons, defining the elements to win, and identifying key personnel. The position will keep senior leadership of NSS appropriately informed and engaged as opportunities move through the selling and approval cycle.
- Manage sales pipeline and reporting through sales reporting and tracking tool, forecast monthly sales, report monthly sales results and proof of sales through sales reporting tools
- BS or BA Degree
- Knowledge of IC and target customer's organizational structure and it's leadership
- IC contracts and contracting processes
- Functional and organizational knowledge of key IC organizations
- 10 -15 years experience working within the IC as a Government employee or industry partner
- Strong inter-personnel communications and writing skills
- Technology proficiency in telecommunications, network operations, data centers/cloud computing, cyber security and mobile solutions
- Ideal candidate may serve in both Business Development and should have a strong understanding of the IC market and infrastructure Information Technology (IT) solutions.
- Understanding of sales and business development process in the Federal Government and Intelligence Community
- Past programmatic experience
- Computer Skills (including PowerPoint, SharePoint) at an advanced level
- Ability to use CRM Tools
- Past military service or IC career a plus
Back to top