Associate Director-Associate Director – Video Delivery Middleware and Authorization
Associate Director - Video Delivery Middleware and Authorization
AT&T provides world class digital content delivery and is continuing to expand its role as the largest digital video service provider in the world - diving into engineering challenges with OTT content delivery, mobile streaming, video on demand, interactive services, recommendations, cloud DVR and dynamic ad insertion. Our teams are challenged to produce innovative solutions more quickly. We are seeking talented, energetic engineers to develop and architect the future of cloud infrastructure that scales seamlessly to meet the growth of services and exceed customer performance expectations. Our vibrant, fast paced environment is the perfect place for an enthusiastic engineer to thrive in.
We are looking for an Associate Director of Middleware Operations at the Mobility & Entertainment Group (M&E). This is an opportunity to join our platform operations and architecture leadership, a team of world class talent at the forefront of innovation and technology. As the middleware and authorization operations leader, you'll be responsible for creating and operating the software platforms that enable customers to consume our linear, OTT, streaming and cloud DVR video services. You will find yourself responsible for solving challenging problems relating to scale, security and reliability.
What You Will Do @ AT&T Mobility and Entertainment Group
- Provide technical expertise in the development and operations of software platforms that connect, authenticate and authorize linear, streaming and cloud DVR video services for customers as well as feed that data to other enterprise systems. Applications will cover a range of technologies including compiled Java, containerized microservices and API platforms.
- Work with our service architects to plan and execute major events like NFL season, as well as service changes, upgrades and transitions.
- Implement application scaling, resiliency and failover as well as analytics for application performance and incident prevention.
- Lead a team of application administrators responsible for the monitoring, configuration management, troubleshooting, break-fix, and performance tuning.
- Manage and update middleware application configuration and release versioning.
- Align tooling for monitoring and triage across applications running simultaneously on internal/external infrastructure.
- Establish operational training for current and future technologies.
- Execute security and compliance requirements.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 7+ years hands on experience in software development and/or application support operations.
- Direct software development experience with Java, Python, JSON.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with virtualization, performance tuning and application resiliency on virtualized environments.
- Experience with developing and running applications in 3 rd party cloud. Certification and hands on experience in AWS Solutioning and Development desirable.
- Experience with Apigee, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker and microservices architecture.
- Skill in system design, data flow and application troubleshooting.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
Back to top