Associate Director – Compute and Storage Infrastructure Services
Associate Director - Compute and Storage Infrastructure Services
AT&T provides world class digital content delivery and is continuing to expand its role as the largest digital video service provider in the world - diving into engineering challenges with OTT content delivery, mobile streaming, video on demand, interactive services, recommendations, cloud DVR and dynamic ad insertion. Our teams are challenged to produce innovative solutions more quickly. We are seeking talented, energetic engineers to develop and architect the future of cloud infrastructure that scales seamlessly to meet the growth of services and exceed customer performance expectations. Our vibrant, fast paced environment is the perfect place for an enthusiastic engineer to thrive in.
We are looking for an Associate Director for Computer and Storage Services to join our platform operations leadership team. This is an opportunity to work with AT&T's world class engineers to build, manage and maintain solutions that will streamline the operational efficiency of AT&T entertainment products. Our customers are our top priority and you'll be at the forefront of making sure that we deliver on that promise.
- Provide technical expertise in the integration, orchestration and management of on-premise and 3 RD party IaaS, including storage solutions.
- Provide technical expertise in 3 rd party cloud storage, software defined storage, and highly distributed, high performance in-memory storage.
- Plan infrastructure transitions, upgrades, technical refresh and preventative maintenance.
- Lead a team responsible for the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, break-fix, monitoring and maintenance of the infrastructure.
- Align hybrid infrastructure monitoring, inventory and triage. Plan and execute the installation of third-party agents and tools.
- Establish team training/certification program for current and new IaaS specific technologies used in AT&Ts infrastructure.
- Drive proficiency in scripting for internal and external infrastructure, configuration and common management tasks and analytics for performance, utilization and cost efficiency.
- Manage user access and integration.
- Manage and maintain compute asset and configuration inventory in AT&Ts systems of record.
- Execute security and compliance requirements
- Bachelors of Science in technical area such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 7+ years hands on experience in compute and storage infrastructure design and/or operations with experience in hybrid internal/external infrastructure design and operations.
- Hands-on knowledge of server OS and virtualization solutions used for on-premise infrastructure including VMWare, KVM, LINUX (RHEL, CentOS, Unbuntu) and Windows on x86, Dell and HP.
- Hands -on knowledge in NetApp (NAS), Isilon clusters (scale out NAS) and Brocade, HP, 3Par, Pure (SAN) and cloud object storage (AWS S3)
- Experience with NoSQL at scale is desirable
- Certification and hands on experience in AWS Operations.
- Experience in infrastructure sizing, utilization, billing and performance/cost optimizations for IaaS.
- Software development skills: Python and C++ (preferred), Java, Ruby, PHP
- Scripting skills: Powershell, Ansible, Puppet/Chef/CFEngine, Kubernetes, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform
- Experience designing fully functioning, networked virtual infrastructure environments.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
Back to top