Associate Director - Artificial Intelligence
- Dallas, TX
At AT&T, we're connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you'll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2020, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Team
The Virtual Assistant team in the AT&T Digital Strategic Platform group is looking to build a sophisticated, NLP powered, virtual assistant platform that will transform the way we service our customers. This platform will act as the first line of defense in our call centers and will also be the lifeline to the agents when they are interacting with our customers.
About the Job
AT&T Digital Strategic Platforms team is looking for an Associate Director who is passionate about building scalable and performant systems and has analytical and multi-tasking abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As an Associate Director,you will be responsible for the design and development of various initiatives for AT&T's customer and employee digital experience across our consumer distribution channels. You will manage and lead the software product development life cycle from inception to production launch and post-production support. You must possess strong technical background to ensure you are designing modular & scalableweb components, you must have experience leading large cross-organizational software development projects and have a well-rounded technical background in current web and micro-service technologies.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
- Lead the strategic alignment of application development roadmaps to application and enterprise strategies
- Provide technical design and architectural leadership to multiple teams and projects to help ensure applications are integrated and adhere to stated architectural and design principles and standards while having the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role.
- Drive efforts to architect, design, develop, and implement technology-enabled business and technical information solutions encompassing multiple specializations, platforms, and technologies
- Research, analyze and recommend new technologies, rationalization opportunities, standard processes, tools and techniques to further the firm's application and enterprise technology architecture strategies
Review business process and technical solution designs to help ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technologies
- Provide functional and technical leadership to other Lead Engineers, Architects, Product Managers and Quality Analysts.
- Enforce company policies in the areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management and compliance.
- Perform complex engineering activities for performance tuning, monitoring, deployment and production support.
- Supervise a team of 10 or more employees along with contractors
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in working in Engineering or Development roles
- 8+ years of progressive experience in one or more of the following areas: application delivery; subject matter expertise in building Java-based high-volume/high-transaction applications
- 8+ years of experience building web applications using Java, Spring and REST
- 4+ years of experience with API management platforms like APIGEE/Mulesoft
- 4+ years of experience with leading and managing teams
- 2+ years of experience building chatbots with Google Dialogflow/Alexa
- Java/Groovy, REST services, NoSql technologies (Cassandra/MongoDb), Kafka/MQ/Rabbit, Redis/Hazelcast, Git, Jira, Jenkins, APIGEE/Mulesoft, Google Dialogflow
- 6+ years of experience in architecture and design of systems using Micro services architecture
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership capacity - coaching and mentoring engineers, developers
- 2+ years of experience in cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 2+ years of experience in build and CICD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 4+ years of experience in Unit and Function testing using Junit, Spock, Mockito/JMock, Selenium, Cucumber, SoapUI or Postman
- Experience in building multi-channel or multi-tenant aware commerce platforms
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux command line
- Expert knowledge and experience working with asynchronous message processing, stream processing and event driven computing.
- Experience working within Agile/Scrum/Kanban development team
- Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, and senior leaders
Back to top