Assoc Director User Experience
About Our Team
You have the unique opportunity to be a part of a transformational team that will promote new process innovation within AT&T, through modern practices of design and design thinking methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup inside AT&T. This highly talented team creates irresistible experiences and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of the customer as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative environment, we know that our people will make all the difference in our success. We need energy, curiosity and a relentless interest in creating the best customer experience!
As an Associate Director of User Experience, you will:
· Use your killer combo of design skills and leadership qualities to help guide and design a diverse set of experiences and products for AT&T, both internal and consumer-facing. Projects may range from websites and mobile apps to chatbots and internal tools.
· Wear many hats: you'll be doing everything from providing strategic thinking to our client partners, guiding a small project team and rolling up your sleeves designing wireframes, prototypes and presentations.
· Be a creative leader and mentor for our growing team of UX designers.
· Use storytelling, UX, and prototypes to compellingly convey the vision, flow, and features of the product you are designing.
· Help scope new projects that are coming into the group.
· Successfully work with developers, project managers, and other internal teams to get your designs into production.
· Work on several projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
· Help to lead, organize and facilitate design workshops with clients and partners as needed.
Required Experience & Characteristics:
· 7-10+ years of interaction/graphic design experience across a variety of digital media.
· Minimum 2 years experience in management role leading a team of designers, including mentorship of junior team members.
· Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or an equivalent degree preferred.
· Strong portfolio of design and UX work and track record of leading substantial design projects.
· Experience mentoring and guiding junior UX designers.
· Comfortable in a client-facing role.
· Experience in concept ideation, design strategy, and digital prototyping. Must be very comfortable with graphic design and interactive tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Principle, Framer, etc. (And have the drive to always learn and experiment with new tools.)
· Knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following is a plus: visual design, machine learning, mobile applications, web applications, messaging interfaces, illustration, video/film production.
· Entrepreneurial Spirit + Collaborative Drive: You're excited to help us build the culture of our new team, comfortable being proactive and taking the lead on projects and eager to work with your teammates to make your designs better.
· Systems Thinker with a Product Mindset: You're great at wrangling complex problems and finding clarity and simplicity. You think strategically about any design challenge and seek to create holistic, compelling products that serve the end user.
· Empathetic + Fun: You're well-versed in user-centered methodologies and design thinking. You design for consumer needs first and foremost. Oh, and you're great fun to work with.
· Leadership + Communication: You have excellent leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills. You're able to tell compelling stories about your work to partners and team members.
Location: This position is located in Austin.
Application requirements and instructions: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top