Access Design Lead (Government)
- Vienna, VA
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for an Access Design Lead - To support the customer's various WAN networks, Campus Area Networks (CAN), Access and Control Interfaces (CI), and in providing other networks that support multiple classification leaves of communications. The Access Design Lead is a technical and management role which includes solution architecture and design engineering functions for government passive and active network infrastructures.
The candidate will responsible for leading and supporting other engineering teams for all network design and engineering activities. These design and architectural activities will be conducted on the government's wide area networks (WAN), the local area networks (LAN), Campus Area Networks (CAN), Access and Control Interfaces (CI) and other networks that support multiple classification levels of communications.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Translate architecture solutions into high- and low-level engineering designs according to customer requirement and portfolio offering guidelines
- Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of a specific technical engineering solution to the customer
- Provides a team structure conducive to high performance and manages the team lifecycle stages
- Coordinates/leads the concurrent/transition/transformation engineering from existing to new access network design solutions
- Provides technical direction and engineering expertise for network systems infrastructure activities, including planning, designing, and implementing communications and network infrastructure requirements for buildings and systems (Routers, Firewalls, DNS, IPAM, NTP, Command and Telemetry)
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions
- Provides input to architecture team moving forward
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements
- Responds to requests for technical information from team members and customers
- Develops technology solutions using various industry products and technologies
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project)
- Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project
- Contributes significant knowledge to job family community
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years. Must meet IAT Level 2 certification requirements.
Desired Qualifications: 8570 Certification
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top