Product Design Manager
Atrium is reinventing the way legal services are delivered by combining modern technology and operational efficiency to deliver fast, transparent, and price predictable services to high-growth companies. Atrium aims to disrupt the $158B corporate legal services market. We’re based in San Francisco and have $75.5M in funding from top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Y Combinator, Greylock, First Round Capital, and more.
Atrium’s platform promotes collaboration between clients and their attorney to seamlessly manage corporate records, draft key documents, and track projects in one place, resulting in a vastly superior experience that enables our clients to focus on growing their business. Atrium has helped ~400 companies with everything from corporate governance and drafting commercial contracts to raising over $1B in venture capital. We are a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, product managers, operations and legal experts building products and tools that are changing the future of the legal industry.
As Atrium’s first Product Design Manager, you’ll enable design to be one of Atrium’s competitive advantages. You’ll act as both a player and a coach as you mentor and manage product designers, while also ensuring that design process and patterns scale across teams and products.
Atrium’s products support world-class legal experts, increasing efficiency and transparency throughout all stages of legal work. Clients and their attorneys seamlessly manage corporate records, track projects, and draft key documents through Atrium’s product, resulting in a vastly superior legal experience that enables clients to focus on growing their businesses.
Through user research and a deep understanding of the overall customer journey, your work will enable us to iterate rapidly on our product strategy, while also maintaining a high quality bar for design. Additionally, you’ll build strong cross-functional relationships with our in-house team of 70+ legal professionals, as well as our Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Account Management teams, as the products you design will be an essential part of their day-to-day work.
What will you be doing?
- Lead Atrium’s Product Design team by establishing a strong design culture and high standards of craftsmanship that are reflected in all of Atrium’s products
- Own all aspects of design, including user experience, user research, and visual design
- Help shape Atrium’s overall brand design in partnership with Atrium’s Marketing team
- Ensure design is integrated into all levels of Atrium’s business, including partnering with Atrium’s engineering, product, and business leaders on how design impacts Atrium’s long term vision and strategy
- Ensure design is integrated into all aspects of the product development process, including research, requirements gathering, conceptualization of features, development and iteration, release, and post-launch
- Build a top notch design team by recruiting exceptional design talent and mentoring our talented team of designers
- Lead and contribute. You’ll be a senior design leader, but will also have to know when to be an individual contributor. We’re a small team and this role will require research, wireframing, prototyping, and assisting our design team as necessary
What does success look like in this role?
- 7+ years of product design experience, including multiple years leading and growing a product design team
- General knowledge that spans across all areas of design, plus deep expertise in one or more areas of research, user experience, information architecture, interaction design, and overall usability
- Understanding and implementation of complex design systems that contribute to a holistic end-to-end user experience
- Extremely strong design, written, and verbal communication skills, including an ability to leverage design to communicate solutions to problems that customers and internal users face
- Expert-level experience with design process and methodologies, including a demonstrated ability to integrate design into a fast moving, iterative development process and the overall software development lifecycle
What you'll get from Atrium?
- The rare opportunity to be an early engineering leader at one of the hottest SF startups with $65M in new funding. We're not just another legal tech company disrupting a traditional industry, we're transforming how legal services are provided!
- Top-tier mentorship from experienced founders, including Justin Kan (Twitch founder)
- A cross-functional, collaborative and growth-oriented environment where your input is highly valued
- Competitive compensation with equity, top-tier health and commuter benefits, 401k, pet insurance, and paid vacation and sick time-off; plus sweet perks like catered lunch daily, cell phone reimbursement, professional development stipend, etc.
- San Francisco office across from 4th & King CalTrain with large private patio and views of downtown.
Atrium is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.
Back to top