- Bydgoszcz, Poland
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions! The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. We are SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space! Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the IT space.
What is the role?
The role of Spot Buyer is a key role within the Procurement department.
Spot Buyers sit IT category and provide the support in a close collaboration with Category Experts and Category Heads.
The role is important to the successful delivery of required cost base and requires cross-functional working with many different areas of the Procurement organisations and some internal clients across all Service Lines, Major Accounts, and Verticals.
The Spot Buyer will:
- Work with Local and Global team members to identify, integrate and realise global and local actions applicable to the subarea
- Ensure integration of purchasing activities of the subarea with other functions and operations in GBU
- Ensure that purchasing of goods and services is in line with the category strategy-i.e. ensure preferred suppliers are selected and payment terms are correct
- Contribute to local procurement strategy to achieve TCO savings, risk management and value creation inside GBU
- Perform Supplier management where appropriate
The purpose of the Spot Buyer is to:
- Handle the overall service delivery of all requirements and within agreed threshold pertaining to relevant subject area
- Deliver tangible savings to the UK&I GBU
- Support the GBU in Procurement process related activities (Investment requests review and completion, CWC forms completion)
- Support the category/ GBU in strategy execution
- Support smaller local bids and new business projects and implement project related purchases if done at the local level or as requested.
- Be an ambassador for Procurement
Skills you need to perform the role:
- Key Procurement skillset: Stakeholder Management, Negotiation/Contract Management- nice to have
- Motivated with an ability to work with multiple partners across different business areas
- Ability to work in a fast, varied environment, handling multiple priorities simultaneously to maximise efficient delivery.
- Good level of written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient German & English : able to communicate with partners on day to day basis via telephone and email in a clear and professional manner
- Sound written and numerical skills
- Ability to evaluate, organise and prioritise service delivery requirements
- Positive attitude, personal aim to achieve and exceed targets
- Creative and innovative spirit with an ability to learn fast
- Client led focus and understanding of all that Atos as a Business delivers at GBU Level
The position will be in our office in Bydgoszcz.
We offer work in international environment, a competitive salary package, relocation bonus (according to the internal procedures), private medical care, life and disability insurance. Interesting trainings and professional development programs also available.
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are crafted to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them outstanding. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Back to top