Senior Network Engineer
- Mexico City, Mexico
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos|Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
Position: Network Engineer
Schedule: Monday - Friday,
Regular US business hours (Central and/Pacific time -TBD),
On-call support off-business hours on weekdays/weekend Guitar Center:
Network Engineer Job Description
- 8-12+ years hands on experience as Network engineer
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Hands-on experience on Cisco Routers, Juniper SRX, Checkpoint and F5 load balance.
- Support network and Security devices Juniper, Cisco and 3 Com
- Support Bandwidth management appliance A10.
- Voice mail box configuration through Unity.
- Handling wireless network and link failure issues.
- Support Cisco hard phone and soft phone installations.
- Ensure adherence to the change management policy and SLA laid down by GC.
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Broad and extensive experience with Cisco & Juniper technologies and tools
- Strong level understanding of Routing and switching, EIGRP, STP, vlans, and switch stacking.
- Experience installing, managing, and upgrading network monitoring with SolarWinds
- Working knowledge of network virtualization components for VMware technologies - vSphere, venter
- Experience with network security solutions: Checkpoint / Juniper , Security Infrastructure Support
- In-depth understanding of a SDWAN technology Silver-Peak preferred.
- WAN experience (Carrier Coordination, Cisco Routers, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, etc.)
- LAN experience (Juniper & Cisco Nexus switches, L2/L3)
- VOIP Phone (Cisco Call Manager, Unity Voice Mail, UCC etc.)
- Hands on experience on Wireless (Extreme/Motorola)
- IP Management
- In depth knowledge on Load Balancers (F5,Certificate Management)
- Must have strong will to work in an extremely challenging environment & handle escalations from L2 engineers.
- Good understanding of support process and managing the SLA and customer expectations
- Provide RCA (root cause analysis) for critical issues and document the solution
- Provide on-call support during off-business hours for critical issues and provide support during off-business hours for planned maintenance activities
- Manage ticket queue; own, and escalate issues through resolution.
- Accurately maintain all documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, service records, asset inventories, topologies, administration manuals, job instructions, support contacts etc.
- Ensures IT Leadership is aware of all known and identified risks to system availability, performance, reliability and security.
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Back to top