Senior Mainframe Administrator (CICS)
- Bydgoszcz, Poland
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
Your responsibility will be administrating diverse CICS on large scale, production Mainframe environment for multiple customers requesting very high standards of operation. As a Senior Mainframe Administrator, you will be part of the young and dynamic Mainframe team.
- Install and Upgrade CICS and the sub products on multiple Mainframe environments
- Build and configure new CICS regions
- Prepare MQ and DB2 connectivity
- Problem resolution, dump analysis, cooperation with application developers
- Proactively address possible performance and security problems
- Plan DR and business continuity
- 7/24 on-call support on mission critical systems
- At least 6 years of CICS administration experience
- Practical knowledge of CICS installation, customization, upgrade, administration, problem resolution, disaster recovery.
- General Mainframe knowledge
- Ability to work with REXX, JCL, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, etc.
- Understanding APAR and PTF implementation
- Understanding of Parallel Sysplex and ability to share data among multiple servers
- Knowledge of automation tools and ability to automate common CICS tasks
- Very good written and verbal English skills (at least B2)
- Practical experience at IBM Mainframe production environments
- Ability to work as a part of the team,
- Methodical approach to work,
- Excellent analytical skills,
- Stress resistant and problem-solving capabilities in case of emergency situations,
- Ability to deal with multi-task issues,
- Flexibility to be a part of standby pool,
- Ability and self-discipline to work most of the time from home,
- Ability and willingness to travel to the office and to the client,
- German language will be considered a plus
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Back to top