Senior Azure DevOps Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
Azure DevOps Engineer - Expert UI - HMCTS Reform programme
Her Majesty's Court and Tribunals Service is an agency of the MoJ and provides the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales. It delivers services to the public directly in court and tribunal buildings, remotely via business centres and some on-line services. The Reform Programme is ambitious and innovative and requires a flexible workforce to transform the entire HM Courts and Tribunals Service, enhancing the provision of a world-class justice system, in a manner that provides an improved user experience at reduced cost to the taxpayer. This will contribute to consolidating the UK's position at the forefront of an increasingly competitive international legal market as well as ensuring access to justice for all.
The Expert UI team is building the tools that support professional legal users such as Solicitors and Judges as they create, manage and progress legal cases.
We are looking for an Azure DevOps engineer to support our client team on site in London and remotely.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, active participation in agile ceremonies in a way which aligns with the values and goals of the project and wider organisation.
- Collaborate with other developers on the team in ensuring that reuse of components is maximised, and development effort is minimised.
- Automation of development and testing processes.
- Collaborating with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices.
- Ensure environments are patched regularly, and there is a clearly defined patching schedule
- Continuous integration pipeline to be used in beta and beyond are built.
- Use your expertise to guide and shape the release and deployment.
Signs of success
To be successful in this role, you'll need a rich combination of experience, proven skills and personal attributes. See below to find out if you're the person we're looking for. The role will be expected to travel to our customer site in London and potentially Atos sites UK wide; working from client/office/home locations as appropriate. Flexible working arrangements will be available.
Our pride in offering dynamic solutions reaches further than our clients because we understand that our success comes from the heartbeat of our company; which is ultimately our people. We encourage those who may need a more agile approach to the structure of their working day to apply; we are always willing to discuss flexible options where we can.
Skills we can't do without:
- Strong knowledge and experience in Azure platform design for Dev/Test environments in particular using Azure DevOps
- Use of collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence and Slack
- Recent experience using for Azure DevOps for CI/CD processes and tooling in particular VSTS, Github and Jenkins.
- Experience of implementing, supporting and using configuration management using Azure
- Strong scripting abilities with use of PowerShell DSC and proven ability to use APIs to automate tooling, delivery pipelines and operational support.
- Experience with ARM to template deployments for infrastructure and images integrated into Github.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of supporting DevOps for Azure functions, Kubernetes, app services and azure service fabric.
- Good communication, presenting, collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of working in Agile teams using Scrum and Kanban knowledge
- Able to undertake and successfully gain BPSS level security clearance checks.
Skills we'd like:
- Professional qualification in Azure Cloud and DevOps
- Excellent understanding and implementation of security controls to secure the environment and sensitive data using Azure security and monitoring capabilities in conjunction with ELK and Grafana.
- Experience of using Terraform and Helm
- Previous public sector experience
Getting to know Atos and B&PS
You can look forward to joining a global powerhouse in digital transformation. We have 120,000 employees in 73 countries and an annual revenue of €13 billion. We are also number one in Europe regarding Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, providing end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business applications and Digital Workplace solutions through our Digital Transformation Factory. Additionally, we provide transactional services through Worldline, Europe's leader in the payment industry. Our group is also the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic and Paralympic Games and operate under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, Unify and Worldline.
Within Business & Platform Solutions (B&PS) division, our pinpoint focus is on understanding our clients' business industries and technologies. Our platforms are a new business model which connects people and organisations in an interactive ecosystem, enabling our customers to maintain agility and flexibility.
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Back to top