SAP Solution Manager Consultant
- Larkhall, United Kingdom
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
SAP Solution Manager Consultant
The technical team within the UK SAP Practice provide SAP Basis services to support the functional and development teams for both Applications Management and project implementations. Expected work will be to compliment the SAP Basis services with strategy, advice and configuration of SAP Solution Manager and its modules for customers SAP environments. A good balance between technical knowledge of Solution Manager and its implementation requirements and the functional processes it provides and how these functional processes benefit customers.
Specifically designing, configuring, testing and go live delivery of SAP Solution Manager modules for various customers across multiple sectors.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Plan and estimate required activities within a full project lifecycle;
- Gather requirements from the business and user community and ensure they are met using appropriate consulting and communication skills;
- Liaise with other teams (functional and technical) in delivery of project activities;
- Prepare detailed work plans and schedules;
- Development of strategy roadmaps to include business benefits from each module to address customer requirements;
- Report progress to project management in a timely and effective manner;
- Complete activities to pre-agreed budgets, time and delivery dates;
- Deliver documentation to agreed standards and procedures;
- Assist in pre-sales and bids and act as the SAP
- Help develop future offerings and services which differentiate Atos in the market;
- Assist with the smooth and timely transition of new Customers / new Solutions into the Practice;
- Maintain close working relationships with other team members and sub-contractors;
- Manage and work effectively with offshore teams and consultants.
Signs of success
To be successful in this role, you'll need a rich combination of experience, proven skills and personal attributes. See below to find out if you're the person we're looking for. You will have the ability to travel to client and Atos sites around the UK and potentially in Europe, with the opportunity for remote working too. This is a full time, permanent position that requires eligibility for security clearance.
Skills we can't do without:
- Demonstrable knowledge of the latest SAP Business Suite; including in-depth knowledge of at least one application in the SAP Business Suite.
- Detailed knowledge of SAP Solution Manager 7.2 and its sub-modules including at least 4 of the following:
- Solution Documentation
- Project Management (as part of Focused Build) and integration with SAP PPM
- Process Management
- Test Suite (including eCATT, CBTA and integration with other test automation tools)
- IT Service Management
- Change Control Management
- Application Operations ( System, UX, Integration, Job, HANA/BI monitoring and alerting)
- Business Process Operations (BP monitoring)
- Custom Code Management
- Experience in deploying at least 2 of the sub-modules successfully for 3 or more clients
- Experience developing strategy documents and/or roadmaps for SAP Solution Manager
- Ability and experience demonstrating SAP Solution Manager in general at least 2 of the sub-modules in detail.
- Degree educated or equivalent desirable ideally in an IT discipline;
- Fluent English: Is able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with all stakeholders.
- Takes initiative to keep skills up to date and maintain awareness of developments in the industry sector.
Skills we'd like:
- Consultancy based experience
- Certified at SAP Associate level;
More reasons to join us
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect a fantastic range of benefits. These include: a rewarding salary, 25 days' annual leave, private medical insurance, an attractive stakeholder pension scheme plus many more. We also operate a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to purchase discounted products and service.
What's more, we really value your progress and it's a top priority to engage, inspire and develop you to help you maximise your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programmes in place demonstrating our commitment to developing your career.
Getting to know Atos and B&PS
You can look forward to joining a global powerhouse in digital transformation. We have 120,000 employees in 73 countries and an annual revenue of €13 billion. We are also number one in Europe regarding Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, providing end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business applications and Digital Workplace solutions through our Digital Transformation Factory. Additionally, we provide transactional services through Worldline, Europe's leader in the payment industry. Our group is also the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic and Paralympic Games and operate under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, Unify and Worldline.
Within Business & Platform Solutions (B&PS) division, our pinpoint focus is on understanding our clients' business industries and technologies. Our platforms are a new business model which connects people and organisations in an interactive ecosystem, enabling our customers to maintain agility and flexibility. Now is a particularly exciting time to join, as Google has chosen to partner with us to open a new Artificial Intelligence Lab. This is a great reflection of the progress we're making, and your role will play an important part of our continued success.
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Back to top