Principal Architect (m/w/d)
- Berlin, Germany
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos|Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
The Principal Architect acts as an intermediary between the Solution and the Transition & Transformation teams, supporting the development of solutions and their subsequent implementation. He ensures that the developed design is consistent, coherent and implementable. He acts as a solution-oriented mediator for complex problems between service organizations and offer teams. In addition, optimization potentials must be identified during the preparation of the offer, double bookings in the calculation tool must be detected and missing costs must be corrected together with the offer team. Furthermore, the role is responsible for ensuring that the time components within and between the trades are taken into account, described and calculated accordingly when developing solutions.
After the contract has been signed, the Principal Architect takes over responsibility from the Solution Lead Architect and is the technical responsible for the implementation of the project. He leads and controls the technical development of the project within the T&T team and the worldwide distributed delivery organizations. He has the architecture and design authority, which is structurally made available to the customer and project team via a TechBoard.
The Principal Architect is available to the customer as a "Trusted Advisor" for technical questions and works closely together with the technical customer manager as well as his operating teams and service suppliers.
The Principal Architect should be familiar with developments in Atos' technical strategy and innovation processes and, as these evolve, apply them to the specific needs of the account. This is to ensure that the client gets the maximum benefit from Atos' broader experience and that the solutions and architectures used comply with Atos guidelines wherever possible.
- Analyses the customer business model and technical requirements and ensures that the (overall) solution is developed accordingly. This includes gaining knowledge of the CMO (Current Mode of Operations), IMO (Intermediate Mode of Operations) environment and understanding the FMO (Future Mode of Operations) solution. The Principal Architect must also understand and approve the migration approach/solution from CMO to FMO.
- Connects worldwide with the existing or future governance organizations of the customer and the Atos managers.
- Acts as a comprehensive technical expert who knows and manages all three units (offer, T&T, delivery teams) very well.
- Constantly develops its knowledge with new topics in the IT market and knows the ATOS portfolio in detail. With this skillset he supports offer teams and acquires new business for existing customers and supports T&T project managers with changes that have financial implications.
- Shapes the development of new technologies and sustainable architectures in close cooperation with his regional and global strategy director, but also with his client.
- Gains recognition from his client as a Trusted Advisor and has a close relationship with all stakeholders of the client, the account and the T&T team.
- In the event of a major problem, he is available to both the client and the Atos Executive(s) as a Trusted Advisor and, if necessary, takes over the leadership of the problem resolution team.
- Ensures that the solutions are aligned with the customer strategy, milestone plans and enterprise architecture of the customer and Atos.
- Works closely with customer architecture teams to optimise or adapt the solution to the customer's requirements.
- Technically leads the T&T team and works in a trend-setting, cross-team and cross-technology manner with all SME's (Subject Matter Experts). In doing so, it is guided by customer and Atos strategies, specifications, standards and proven methods.
- Leads internationally distributed teams and has experience with the cultural and know-how differences in such an environment.
- Ensures that design documents are created in accordance with the calculation, customer requirements and Atos standards, or that the Atos artifacts are used to create documents adapted to the customer environment.
- Understands both customer and Atos business requirements and contractual delivery performance and assigns them according to the delivery model.
- Identifies risks during the offer and implementation phase, evaluates them, distributes them in the appropriate committees and works on their mitigation.
- Verifies and supports the team's solution before, during and after a proposal phase.
- Managed during the T&T phase the Customer Innovation Board with market news, innovations from the ATOS CTO organization.
- Acts as mentor and supports onshore, near-shore and off-shore resources in their further development.
Experience and qualifications:
- Proven ability to solve and design customer architectures in large, complex environments in all major portfolio areas and a range of non-standard areas in a €100m external revenue environment;
- experience of working for an organisation in the field of IT Services or Consulting;
- A solid background in a combination of Infrastructure/ Data Center/ Networks/ Storage Workstation/ Identity/ Sharepoint/ Unified Comms/ Disaster Recovery/Collaboration/ Virtualization/ Sustainability (Green IT)/ Ssecurity Technologies;
- Pre-sales experience in identifying new opportunities with existing customers;
- Post-sales skills and experience in successfully managing technical results and taking responsibility for problem solving;
- Accreditation in a recognized architectural framework;
- Experience in a similar role;
- Understanding the services and organisation of Atos;
- Completed studies;
- Proven track record in an international environment or in international projects; experience of working in multicultural teams;
- University degree;
- At least 15 years of professional experience in the field of infrastructure project management;
- Experience in managing complex IT projects/services in critical situations;
- Excellent understanding of challenges and problems of complex IT projects and service contracts;
- Readiness for intensive cross-divisional cooperation (divisions, legal, risk management, etc.);
- Knowledge of contract management, T&C in the field of IT system integration, applications and software development services and outsourcing contracts;
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint);
- business fluent in German and English;
- comprehensive economic knowledge;
- very good organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills at all management levels (internal and external) in English and German;
- Extremely fast analysis capabilities of complex problems with high solution competence;
- Ability to achieve very good results even in stressful situations;
- Disciplined approach, ability to document contracts and processes and to shape them with operative teams in a global and international environment;
- Good leadership qualities;
- Ability to assess and quality assure the work done by others;
- Presentation skills; presence and credibility before customers;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in a multicultural environment;
- Willingness to travel as well as readiness for variable project assignments at home and abroad;
In case of equal qualifications severely disabled applicants will be favoured. The position is equally aimed at both genders.
Please be aware that we can only consider applications which are complete (i.e. including cover letter, resume and references) and submitted through our online application platform.
Please call Magdalena Aleksandrova at +49 89 7007 13038 if you have any questions regarding the position.
Atos offers many advantages as an attractive employer. When you join Atos, you are joining a global company where you have a competitive salary and other advantages.
- Over 30 days of holiday
- Flexible working
- Individual career development
- Career paths and perspectives
We are looking forward to your application.
Back to top