Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos|Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
Business Transformation Services (BTS) is transformational Business Process Services (BPS / BPO). The solution team are focused on large scale, industry-focused solutions and opportunities ranging in scale from £50m to more than £1B. We are part of the FS&I industry group and currently have a UK focus, but will support other industries and other geographies as required by the business.
The role is primarily a solution sales role, working with the sales team, bid management and commercial team. It is a client-facing role, offering the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding and challenging environment with the aim of scoping, designing and - ultimately - winning large, transformational outsourcing deals, covering digital technologies supporting wide ranging operational improvements. We support pre-sales activity and proposition development through the full sales cycle and finally the bid to delivery handover. Some of the team also do support transition and implementation work as required.
Ops Architect and Contact centre expert roles typically support the solution director through the BTS sales campaign. They play a key role in shaping the operational solution and channel strategy, designing the target operating model, identifying transformation levers to drive benefit and value across the operation.
In order for BTS to achieve its growth ambitions and meet the demand pipeline, the team is expanding the number of operational architects and Contact Centre SMEs.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
The Operational Architect / Contact centre expert is to develop comprehensive solutions that are designed and developed to meet both the needs of our clients and align with the operational requirements of our delivery organisation. You will work with the Solution Director and coordinate the work with various subject matter experts, Operation delivery leads and technical leads to develop target operating model, underpinned by robust transformation plans and compelling business cases.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Target operating model design
- Target state service/process design using a range of transformation levers to drive value
- Operational modelling
- Operation / solution Due diligence
- Write compelling responses to client questions (RFI, RFP, BAFO)
- Client demos and presentations including supporting dialogue workshops
- Supporting internal governance process sign-off
- Close alignment with existing operational stakeholders supporting solution integration and sign off
- Working with other service lines to ensure Operational requirements are understood and delivered within the Technology, the Applications, the Infrastructure, the Security, the Estates, the Transition, the Financial, the Contract Schedules and the Risk and Compliance areas.
Signs of success
To be successful in this role, you'll need a rich combination of experience, proven skills and personal attributes. See below to find out if you're the person we're looking for.
- Previous experience of running a sizeable multi-channel Contact Centre and delivering to all SLAs/KPIs
- Experience of transforming contact centres and back-office operations using transformation levers such as customer experience, Lean / six sigma, automation, digital engagement
- Business and operational knowledge of omni-channel contact centre technology including: telephony and IVR (also call deflection/self-serve and voice biometrics), Email. Webchat, Social Media
- SME experience of contact centre associated performance tools eg Workforce Management, Quality/FCR measurement, Complaint Management, Voice Analytics and csat tools
- Previous experience of managing people and understanding all factors that influence impact on both operational performance and customer experience
- Operational modelling experience including sizing an operation with sound understanding of AHT/wrap, capacity planning and shrinkage
- Previous experience of delivering to various channel shift strategies
- Previous experience of managing contact centre budgets/P&L
- Previous experience of working in highly regulated environment and performing to standards
- Previous experience of managing significant change within a contact centre environment
- Working knowledge of BC/DR in particular regarding contact centre planning
- Working knowledge of Risk & Compliance specifically regarding contact centre service delivery eg PCI Compliance, 3 lines of defence, transaction monitoring / financial crime, TCF, complaints, DDA compliance etc
- Knowledge of outbound call management including diallers and resource planning
- Knowledge of homeworking and off-shore delivery models
Sales focus and drive
- A proven successful track record in designing solutions for comparable business process outsourcing opportunities wins (Circa. £50 to £500 Million Total Contract Value)
- Professional and dynamic approach, demonstrates a clear passion for delivering world class BPS services and solutions
- Can produce compelling proposal writing / presentations throughout the bid lifecycle to support the overall solution and client response
- Ability to support contract negotiations and write operational contract schedules
- Knowledge and broad understanding of digital transformation and how contact centre / omni-channel technology delivers operational improvements (increased efficiency, productivity and customer value)
- Ability to understand and translate Client requirements into a deliverable, commercially viable operational solution
- Ability to assess and develop initiatives that contribute to overall solution and reduce operational costs/improve customer experience
- Ability to work with Resource/Finance modellers to transformation phasing and benefit realisation including the associated FTE/CX benefits
- Ability to contribute to Transition and implementation plans in terms of phasing and deployment of initiatives, recruitment and onboarding, business readiness, staff training plans etc
- Good PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio skills
- A team player capable of working in large and complex teams in a pressured work environment
- Capable of motivating team members to achieve successful outcomes
- A Proven track record of successfully developing solutions for new logo business and existing clients
- Listens to stakeholders, internal and external and adapts approach accordingly
- Maintains a flexible and innovative attitude, able to manage multiple aspects of each opportunity simultaneously, recognises and adapts to client changes.
- Have excellent team building/Interpersonal skills to work as part of a large bid team
- Ability to identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate as necessary
Vision and innovation
- Able to quickly identify and understand the customer's requirements and expectations.
- The ability to identify innovative approaches that differentiate Atos solutions
- Demonstrable knowledge of current and emerging BPS developments and industry trends
- Experience of working in the industry or commerce in a multinational environment, ideally within a quoted BPS provider
- Ability to assist in contract negotiations, around operational SLAs/KPIs
- Maintains a focus on achieving positive business outcomes in line with the customer requirements.
- Ability to develop and produce operational contract schedule
- Ability to understand P&L and be a key contributor to cost model and pricing
Quality control and assurance
- Experience appraising and quality assuring the work produced by others / other bid teams (e.g. red reviews)
Accountability and responsibility
- Experience of taking full responsibility for the appropriateness of proposed solutions
- Experience of working under pressure and remaining decisive
- Demonstrable track record of delivering solutions that are commercially viable
- Able to identify and mitigate risk to Atos
- Fluent in English. Capable of interacting with stakeholders at all levels
- Able to gain respect, trust and confidence of senior management, partners and clients in all situations
- Capable of articulating the precise benefits of BPS and Atos solutions in any given situation appropriately to the target audience
- Experience in presentations to senior management level both internally and within the client arena as part of the bid process
- Excellent team-building and leadership skills
This role will involve circa 50-75% travel to either Atos or client locations.
Base location: Home / No Fixed
Skills we can't do without:
- Ability to write compelling responses to client questions / RFP responses
- Demonstrable knowledge of current and emerging BPS developments and industry trends
- Successfully run an existing contact centre or back-office operations or experience of significantly transforming operations
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Can-do attitude
- strong operational/commercial awareness
- Comfortable presenting to clients and facilitating workshops
- Experience of O365 tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Skills we'd like:
- Circa 5-10 years' operational experience and/or operational transformation
- Demonstrate very high levels of proactivity and initiative
- Ideally educated to a degree level
- Financial Services and Insurance experience
More reasons to join us
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect a fantastic range of benefits. These include: a rewarding salary, 25 days' annual leave, private medical insurance, an attractive stakeholder pension scheme plus many more. We also operate a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to purchase discounted products and services.
What's more, we really value your progress and it's a top priority to engage, inspire and develop you to help you maximise your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programmes in place demonstrating our commitment to developing your career.
Getting to know Atos
You can look forward to joining a global powerhouse in digital transformation. We have 120,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of €13 billion. We are also number one in Europe regarding Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, providing end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business applications and Digital Workplace solutions through our Digital Transformation Factory. Additionally, we provide transactional services through Worldline, Europe's leader in the payment industry. Our group is also the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic and Paralympic Games and operate under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, Unify and Worldline.
How to apply
Confident this sounds like you? Please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge, experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the application process for people with disabilities.
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.