Mainframe-Cobol Consultant with German
- Wroclaw, Poland
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
Our team develops and manages a portfolio of our customers' software and systems. We have built an extensive maintenance setup for variety of products across several industries. We are now looking for an experienced Mainframe consultant with Cobol and Java development skills to join the team and help us further expand and maintain our infrastructure and toolsets.
Depending on individual skills and knowledge the Mainframe Consultant will be engaged in (but not limited to):
- Mid to long term system landscape planning and development with increasing focus on security, comprehensive monitoring solutions and process automation
- Support of the system landscape composed of banking infrastructure elements
- Analysis and resolution of complex technical problems and issues
- Design, support and development of banking applications
- Configuration of environment
- Software building and builds management
- Technical solutions advisory
- Opportunity to research potential deficiencies and improve the solution applied adequately, according to recent state of the art and own experience.
To be suitable for the role the self-reliability, ability to solve multithread technical issues and effective communication in German and English are required. Openness for frequent traveling to Germany is crucial (at lest a week per month).
- Fluent communication in English and German
- Frequent traveling ability (at least a week per month).
- Knowledge of payment technologies
- Experience in Cobol software development
- Experience in Java applications maintenance will be advantageous
- Experience in databases (SQL or administration), especially Oracle, DB2 or IMS/DB would be advantageous
- z/OS and/or Unix systems skills
- Transaction Server CICS would be advantageous
- Experience in direct collaboration with end customer along with technical solutions preparations will be a desired asset
- Willingness to learn new technologies would be desired asset
- Resolving problems in a timely manner
- Being articulate and communicating effectively
- Planning and prioritizing tasks
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Back to top