IoT Platform Engineer
- Milan, Italy
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos|Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
IoT Platform Engineer
To support Atos key strategic growth areas in IoT, AtosDigital Practice requires a highly capable and experienced IoT Platform Engineer.
As an IoT Platform Engineer you are keen to take the responsibility for essential components of IoT ecosystem to help facilitate device management, hardware& software communication protocols, data analysis and enhancements of data flow, functionality of smart applications. You embrace implementing integration interfaces & APIs from various technology platforms or exposing customers's owns, working with IoT sensors & devices, market leading connectivity bearers, and learning & building using very modern and market leading application enablement tools.
As member of Atos Digital Practice, you have the chance to demonstrate your skills of an adaptive and a fast learner, pragmatic thinker and can perform software development, integration, deployment & migration under various programing & operating environments. You are flexible to act as a horizontal function for multiple projects and have a strong belief in learning by doing. You are a team worker, idea generator & a technology geek who wants to grow far along the technical career path.
You can play a very central & key role within the IoT organization of Atos Digital practice to address ever growing demands of enterprise IoT markets. You will work on exciting projects in an agile environment and will become a key part of major drive for change and innovative IoT offerings from Atos.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Design, build and deployments
- Evaluate and provide detailed technical feasibility study of IoT platform suppliers/vendor
- Own platform design and participate in IoT Architecture designs to ensure cross systems/platforms compatibility and scalability to support 5 billion+ devices
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- BSc or MSc level degree in Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications.
- Knowledge or know-how of fundamental elements of IoT systems and have the skills needed to design and build E2E system propositions
- Understanding of IoT system vulnerabilities and how to secure IoT devices, and the networks they use to communicate, against malicious attacks.
- Ability to stay up-to-date with the fast-track technologies in the Digital world.
- Hands on experience of Operating Systems and configuration management through tools
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Unix/Linux/Microsoft based environments
- At least 3-4 years of proven experience in developing & deploying large scale enterprise backend & frontend software systems & web applications.
- Proven experience with RDMS and NO-SQL such as: Oracle, MS SQL, Cloudera, Cassandra.
- Proficiency in cloud-native development & deployments in one of the following environments: Azure, AWS or Google
- Hands-on experience with CDI tools, such as, Jira, Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar, GIT, Confluence et al.
- Italian (fluent)
- English (B1 level as minimum).
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Back to top