Digital Workplace Architect (m/f/d)
- Vienna, Austria
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
As Digital Workplace Architect you will be responsible for steering the clients in making right technology choices for their business.
This includes focussing on; enablement, demonstration, technical sales, internal evangelism and technology strategy.
TTS Architects demonstrate leadership on all aspects of technology discussions. Your main task will be to develop technological architecture that will meet the requirements of the client. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical understanding and a holistic approach to your work. You must have a broad understanding of the different technologies and markets; understanding their business and the key issues affecting the customer in order to deliver them compelling value proposition and technology choices. Some training will be provided to advance your knowledge but you will be expected to be self-motivated and be a breast of what's going on in the market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. Deep technical knowledge of the TTS partner portfolio core products is mandatory, including our main partners; VMware, Cisco, Lenovo and Dell. You will have to display strategic and tactical execution skills in working with such partners, or with new suppliers to secure the win of new business.
Summary of Activities:
• Ensure a good fit between system architectures, functional requirements and quality procedures of the system as requested by the client.
• Support the end-to-end view of use cases, leveraging their impact in each step of the data modeling.
• Identify technologies, hardware and software products, methods and techniques, and assess their relevance and potential value in the business.
• Management Consulting background
• Design, develop and implement data model specifications
• Act as primary advocate of data modeling methodologies and data collecting practices
• Prepared to be leveraged as pre-sales resource for technology specific discussions
• Coordinate the system architecture with conception, application development and production to ensure consistency.
• Specify and design IT solutions to meet the needs of the client.
• Advise people on emerging technologies and their implementation.
• Maintain a good knowledge of best practices and latest developments in their field of expertise. Remain informed of significant emerging technologies.
• Have technical expertise in a particular IT field, provide expert advice and participate in "peer-reviews".
• Ensure technical consistency and completeness of all technical documents intended for stakeholders.
• Documenting the procedures taken to a high standard.
• Development of state-of-the-art workplace strategies and offerings, considering the following subjects; virtualization, migration, deployment, mobility and BYOD.
• Presales activities; customer advisory, preparation and execution of customer specific presentations and workshops, draw up system designs and concepts, perform product demonstrations, support in creation of offerings and support in creation of sales strategies.
• Support in bid processes as lead architect for all design and execution tasks
• Take requirements of the customer's needs and design viable solutions fitting the customer's business strategy
• Development of workplace specific blueprints and showcases
• Minimum five years of hands-on experience in workplace design and development
• Deep level of understanding and experience on cloud computing design patterns (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) and common products (Azure, AWS, GCP).
• Experience in well-known virtualization technologies (VMware, Citrix)
• Mobile device management expertise (Airwatch, Intune)
• Experience in Microsoft-Office migrations, especially O365
• Moderate level of understanding in application architecture and their key components; .net, Java, middleware and databases.
• Basic level of understanding in network components.
• Business fluent in English
• Confident presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical thinking skills and able to solve complex problems
• Self-motivated and a strong contributor to the team and as an individual
• Able to create innovative solutions for data content or data format challenges
• Willing to travel.
The salary will be set depending on your educational background as well as your further qualifications, starting from € 65.000, - annually (full time basis).
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Back to top