Defence Senior System Engineer
- Ankara, Turkey
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos|Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and energetic team member who will join us as a full-time Senior System Engineer and work as part of our Ankara team for our defence sector software development projects.
- Specification and design of systems to meet defined business needs
- Engaging with customers, suppliers or other project stakeholders to provide support, gather requirements or convey design decisions
- Identification of operational concepts and their translation into implementable design
- Providing support to the development, test and quality assurance teams
- Providing support to the project manager in planning and coordination of the development and design efforts
- Developing documentation in the form of design documents, diagrams and presentations
- Retention of compatibility with enterprise and solution architectures, and the adherence to corporate standards within constraints of cost, security and sustainability
- Definition and management of the business goals and scope of change initiatives. The specification of business requirements to a level that enables effective delivery of agreed changes
The ideal candidate also;
- Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively.
- Reviews others' systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Contributes to policy for selection of architecture components. Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options and assesses and manages associated risks.
- Ensures that the system design balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Facilitates scoping and business priority setting for large or complex changes, engaging senior stakeholders as required.
- Selects the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative.
- Drives the requirements elicitation process where necessary, identifying what stake-holder input is required.
- Obtains formal agreement from a large and diverse range of potentially senior stakeholders and recipients to the scope and requirements, plus the establishment of a baseline on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Takes responsibility for the investigation and application of changes to programme scope. Identifies the impact on business requirements of external impacts affecting a programme or project.
- Proficiency in Business Analysis Techniques: Techniques which help in modelling and understanding a business and its operation.
- Proficiency in Software Configuration and Release Management: The control and management of ICT assets (or configuration items) including hardware, software, documentation, services, suppliers and network facilities by the use and application of strict change management and recording.
- Proficiency in Report Writing Techniques: Methods and techniques for writing effective reports.
- Proficiency in Business Characteristics: The functional structure of businesses and other organisations; their mission, objectives, strategies and critical success factors.
- Familiarity with Customer Value Chain Concepts: The complete sequence of activities within a process, from receipt of an order or request to delivery of a product or service.
- Familiarity with Quality Management: The system or method for the management of quality within the employing organisation.
- Familiarity with Service Level Agreements: The purpose and composition of a service level agreement (SLA); the relationship between an SLA and a contract for the supply of services.
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronical Engineering, or other relevant engineering departments
- Proven 5+ years of work experience as a system engineer in defence system/ software development projects, preferably in AirC2
- Proven experience in developing systems according to NATO AQAP160 and IEEE 12207 standards
- Having previous software development experience is a plus
- Having ITIL knowledge and certification, or having worked in an ITIL environment is a plus
- Having worked with Agile approaches is a plus
- Having system engineer certification, such as INCOSE CSEP, is a plus
GENERAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong collaboration skills, responsive to project needs and demands in fast changing environment
- Passion of learning and personal qualification improvement
- Ability to work in a team environment as a reliable, responsible and self-motivated team player
- Excellent communication, and documentation skills, sense of urgency, accountability, and ownership
- Power user in Microsoft Office and open office applications
- Very good command of both written and oral English (KPDS/YDS:85, TOEFL iBT: 102, CEFR C1 or equivalent)
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily
- Military service should be completed for male candidates
- Holding a valid national security clearance from Ministry of Defence,Turkey
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Back to top