Cyber Incident Handler
- Richmond, VA
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos|Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
Job Title: Cyber Incident Analyst (Handler)
Location: US, Wide
The Security Incident Analyst serves as a subject matter expert in the areas of vulnerability assessments, computer forensics, and incident handling. The Security Incident Analyst participates in monitoring and supports a computer incident response team (CIRT) protecting the network security of thousands of users.
• Support daily monitoring, threat assessment, mitigation, and reporting activities to safeguard agency information assetsI
• Lead incident response functions and reporting of findings back to customer and affected stakeholders
• Creation and maintenance of forensic and incident management policies that govern the handling of incidents
• Facilitate table top exercises as required with the CIRT and customers
• Conduct research on the latest threats and the latest technological advancements in combating unauthorized access to information
• Support the team in publishing incidents, alerts, advisories, and bulletins as needed
• Cover shifts for 1st level analysts if required
• Participate in 24x7 on call rotation
• Possesses an understanding of cyber-attack techniques, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures
• Can articulate security issues, analysis, and remediation techniques to internal and external customers
• Must have a desire to continuously grow and improve information security skills
• Respond to technical security questions and concerns from clients
• Minimum 8 years of IT experience with 3 years related to cyber incident response
• GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Expert Incident Handler (CEIH) or equivalent
• Operational experience with security infrastructure products such as McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, Tenable Security Center, or ESM
• Experience working for a Managed Security Services (MSS) provider in a Security Operations Center, Computer emergency incident response team or computer security incident response center
• Experience conducting analysis at the packet level
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology Cyber Security
• Change oriented - actively generates process improvements; supports and drives changes, and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways
• Customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with the customer viewpoint
• Encase certified examiner or GIAC certified Forensic Examiner certification
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Nearest Major Market: Richmond
Back to top