- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Are you the HPC Consultant we are looking for?
Supercomputers or High-Performance Computing (HPC), has gradually become a part of our daily lives, even if we are not always aware of it. It is in our medicines, our investments, our smartphones, in the films we go to see at the cinema and the equipment of our favorite athletes, the cars we drive and the petrol that they run on. It has a direct impact on our quality of life, making our world a safer place, with ever more accurate and detailed weather, climate and seismic forecasts, and, thanks to researchers, a world we can more easily understand.
A never-ending need for more compute capacity. All sectors, in industry and in the academic and scientific community, demand ever more powerful computing systems, involving ever growing volumes of data. Generating finer-grained weather forecasts, designing cleaner aircraft engines and demonstrating genomics to implement personalized medicine... all these innovations require more computing power than currently available, and will advance considerably thanks to HPC & AI systems.
Your position as HPC Consultant
The HPC, AI & Quantum Business unit at Atos is looking for is an expert in High Performance Computing and/ or large Linux based infrastructures. In this role within the HPC team, you will be responsible for system integration and implementation services for our customers, with a main focus on the Benelux & Nordics customers. You have the ability and willingness to assist and support our customers and colleagues and takes a share to bring HPC to the Exascale level.
The multicultural team consists of 14 HPC engineers and consultants and is spread over all Northern Europe countries. You will report to the manager of the HPC, AI & Quantum Business Operations manager in Benelux & the Nordics.
This position is located in the Netherlands, Amstelveen. However it's also possible to be stationed in one of the other Northern Europe countries.
- Integration and implementation services to build large high-performance computing solutions; analyze solution components, understand systems integration challenges;
- Testing and/or evaluating system components, prototyping features, and collaborating with solutions architects to define architectural requirements for high-end HPC clusters;
- Level 2 Software Support of HPC customers during installation & implementation;
- Performance-testing and -tuning for applications and Systems;
- Operational support: system monitoring, trouble shooting and optimization activities;
- Work on diagnostic and debugging of complex HPC HW and SW issues, proposal of Workarounds when applicable;
- Identify technology gaps in current components that must be resolved to reach future performance targets and functionality requirements;
- Raise issues within support organization when needed;
- Knowledge transfer to the local HPC team and customers;
- Contribution to pre-installation and cluster staging at our factory Angers (FR).
Who are you?
- At least several years of experience working with supercomputing and technical computing customers;
- Deep knowledge in HPC cluster environment and ecosystem;
- In-depth knowledge in Linux OS, especially RedHat (preferably certification RHCE or RHCA);
- Knowledge of monitoring, administration & deployment tools, network tepology (Ethernet, InfiniBand), scientific applications and preferably network design and security;
- Strong communication skills and integrity to interface directly with customer sites contacts, project managers and technical colleagues, and other key stakeholders;
- Team player with leadership skills;
- As an EU citizen you have the right to work in Europe or you already have a work permit;
- You are willing to travel (30%).
Why waiting? Join us!
For more information about this interesting step in your career you can contact Marlies Roeterdink via +31 (6) 4077 1673. Interested in applying? Please upload your resume on our website or send it to email@example.com.
We offer work in international environment, a competitive salary package, relocation bonus (according to the internal procedures), private medical care, life and disability insurance. Interesting trainings and professional development programs also available.
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are crafted to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them outstanding. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 120,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 13 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions through its Digital Transformation Factory, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payment industry. With its cutting-edge technologies and industry knowledge, Atos supports the digital transformation of its clients across all business sectors.
The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, Unify and Worldline. Atos is listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Back to top