AWS Senior DevOps Engineer
- Larkhall, United Kingdom
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
Atos is expanding the capabilities of its UK Public Sector Centre of Excellence to work with our clients on the digital transformation journey. The DevOps Engineer will work as part of a multiple disciplinary team ensuring the accelerated establishment of a DevOps culture & capabilities across our clients.
In this role, you will be responsible for underpinning good development processes including managing tools and testing environments, central code control, maintaining development standards and writing software that automates systems.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- You will bring in personal experiences and evangelise industry leading practices and trends to our customers on the use of cloud.
- Work within the wider team to implement and support the DevOps tooling to support customers and Atos team's DevOps capabilities and applications.
- Helping crafting proofs of concepts for our teams and customers in response to their requirements.
- Support the writing and/or adding input to bid proposals to design cloud solutions that will make our teams and customers successful.
- Able to put delivery timescales implementation and cost estimates together based on proposed architecture/design and risks.
- Communicating efficiently and work together within a multi-disciplinary team, fostering an open, inclusive and collaborative culture.
Signs of success
To be successful in this role, you'll need a rich combination of experience, proven skills and personal attributes. See below to find out if you're the person we're looking for. The role will be expected to travel to customer and Atos sites UK wide; working from client/office/home locations as appropriate. Flexible working arrangements will be available.
Our pride in offering dynamic solutions reaches further than our clients because we understand that our success comes from the heartbeat of our company; which is ultimately our people. We encourage those who may need a more agile approach to the structure of their working day to apply; we are always willing to discuss flexible options where we can .
Skills we can't do without:
- Strong knowledge and experience in Amazon Web Services.
- Recent experience in designing and building CI/CD solutions using both open source tools (GitLab/GitHub, Jenkins and Nexus) and native capability ( Commit, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy and CodeBuild).
- Experience of implementing, supporting and using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
- Strong scripting abilities (Python, PowerShell, Bash) and proven ability to use APIs to automate tooling, delivery pipelines and operational support.
- Experience with templating tools (Terraform, Helm, CloudFormation,) to deploy infrastructure and images.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of containerisation and the orchestration of them, preferably in the form of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS.
- Demonstrable experience of designing and building AWS Multi account Infrastructure Pipelines using AWS CDK, AWS Secrets Manager.
- Good communication, presenting, collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
- Previous experience of managing and coaching other DevOps engineers.
- Able to undertake and successfully gain SC level security clearance checks.
Skills we'd like:
- Experience of designing and building Serverless API solutions using AWS Technologies (Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, STS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail)
- Strong knowledge and recent use of Linux Administration (preferably RHEL)
Getting to know Atos and B&PS
You can look forward to joining a global powerhouse in digital transformation. We have 120,000 employees in 73 countries and an annual revenue of €13 billion. We are also number one in Europe regarding Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, providing end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business applications and Digital Workplace solutions through our Digital Transformation Factory. Additionally, we provide transactional services through Worldline, Europe's leader in the payment industry. Our group is also the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic and Paralympic Games and operate under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, Unify and Worldline.
Within Business & Platform Solutions (B&PS) division, our pinpoint focus is on understanding our clients' business industries and technologies. Our platforms are a new business model which connects people and organisations in an interactive ecosystem, enabling our customers to maintain agility and flexibility. Now is a particularly exciting time to join, as Google has chosen to partner with us to open a new Artificial Intelligence Lab. This is a great reflection of the progress we're making, and your role will play an important part of our continued success.
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Back to top