Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is seeking interns to join our Workplace Productivity (WPT) team in Sydney. This is an opportunity for you to experience what a well-respected, real-world IT team is like. You can improve your communication and troubleshooting skills as you work alongside the team on the entire range of Atlassian products including Confluence and Jira. Would you like to help us administer and troubleshoot a range of traditional IT responsibilities? Do you like modern SaaS and enterprise software solutions such as JAMF Pro, Google Apps, and more? We are the go-to support for computer problems. As an intern with us, you will learn to troubleshoot software and hardware platforms.
You will have an opportunity to assist the WPT team with documentation and delivering training as we roll out our new initiatives for 2020 and beyond!
This program is open to penultimate year students with Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency. The internship dates are late November to late February, full-time. Apply for our intern program and start an awesome career!
More about you:
- You are currently enrolled in a degree program focused on Information Systems or other technical major and graduating by Jan 2024
- You are able to commit to a 12 week full-time (40hrs / week) internship from late November 2022 until late February 2023 ( We may be able to flex on this slightly if your course timetable does not allow for a 12 week placement during this timeframe).
- You have experience using and troubleshooting MacOS and Windows or a drive to research potential issues & fixes independently before asking for assistance
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills are, which are needed for both internal team members, and our customers - Atlassian staff around the world, as well as our external vendors and tech support
- You can collaborate and coordinate with people at all levels within the organisation, from our founders and president down
- You are detail oriented and organised
- You are passionate about delivering the best possible outcomes for your coworkers
- Helping new hires and existing staff with computer setup
- Assisting with Data transfers for computers that need repairs
- Diagnosing hardware and software issues
- Handling our physical assets through a custom program
- Proactive maintenance & audit of our AV systems
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .