Technical Support Manager, Server
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Are you passionate about working with smart teams and customers to deliver the best product experience? Then this role will be a good match for you! This role is part of the Server Support team which is focused on providing the best support and product experience to our customers. In this role, you will manage a team of experienced support engineers supporting Atlassian products.
More about you:
You are passionate about servicing customers and love people that have a good sense of accountability and quality. You are uncomfortable with mediocre, and are always striving to be the change you seek.
In this role, you will:
- Be essential in guaranteeing customer satisfaction, product quality, and ongoing customer success with Atlassian products, working with your team to ensure service levels, support quality, and customer satisfaction targets while being a key driver for product improvement, application performance, and corporate change.
- Coordinate analysis and fixes for complex issues and customers while being key to providing a consistent quality experience, bringing new and improved support methodologies to Atlassian, and creating a wide and loyal customer base to the Atlassian products and brand.
- Participate in customer-facing calls helping to communicate progress updates, action plans, and resolution details.
- Work within the broader ecosystem of Team Leads and Managers to improve the overall department and corporate operational efficiencies.
- Demonstrate where you have focused on team coaching, skills uplifting, SOP improvements, delivery quality, transparency, analytics and developing inbound resource channels from non-senior roles.
- Create, organize and communicate strategies 3-6 months ahead. Partnering with global peers in aligning the strategies
- Have strong business sense, define global and scalable frameworks & methodologies that are comprehensive from concept through adoption, scale, and maintenance.
On the first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- 12+ years of experience in the software industry with a minimum of 5+ years or more experience of related working experience in a Customer Support Center function in a managerial capacity
- A deep understanding of people leadership, involving building networks and developing talent. Ability to recruit and build successful teams
- Extensive expertise in developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of technical support within the organization
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical experience, MBA a significant plus. Experience in both small and large companies is highly desirable
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness within organizations
- Experience in working 24x7 support operations and with teams across multiple locations will be an added advantage
It's great, but not required if:
- Experience leading high volume service operations teams in fast-paced companies.
- You have experience with enterprise-level software solutions or Atlassian specific products like JIRA, Confluence, or Bitbucket.
More about our Team:
The team is filled with technical individuals that are excited to be building a new service offering and experience for our customers.
We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product as well as our customer's overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with the customers, problem-solving, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve our customer's experience, the quality of our product and support system, or our individual weaknesses. We feel that through our roles we can positively impact millions of end-users and their experience with Atlassian products.
We believe we can add significant value to the business by listening to the customer's experience, translating these into actions, and championing their short-term issues and long-term needs throughout the organization. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located around the globe, and is all about providing legendary service to our customers. If this sounds interesting to you, apply and become part of our global team of specialists practicing a follow-the-sun methodology with our other offices in Austin, Amsterdam, San Francisco and other offices around the world to provide the best support possible for our top tier customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top