Technical Program Manager, Data Science
As a Technical Program Manager, you will serve as a partner to the Analytics and Data Science team. This role is at the cross roads of Business, Data, and Engineering. You will be deeply cross functional in nature giving both to the Analytics team as well as to major cross company initiatives where analytics and data play a meaningful role. On a day to day basis you will employ both technical and strategic proficiency as you help build the team.
On the technical side, you will deliver technical programs in the context of x-company initiatives (essentially leading Analytics' relationship with other teams at Atlassian) and ensure smooth integration where needed. Examples include:
• Improve overall delivery/operational effectiveness (laddered OKRs, business timeline, major milestones, risks and dependencies, etc.)
• Guide teams toward higher overall accountability
• Increased implementation on product quant side + instrumentation on qualitative design research
• Product/ Marketing analytics - client side instrumentation; experimentation; ability to be familiar with engagement platforms
• Data Science - ability to connect business with technical hacks and tools we are assessing then pass on to Engineers for production level development
Strategically, you will tie business needs with technical limitations and requirements by:
• Connecting the dots and weave together data points and team work in areas such as core analytics, data science, data engineering, MarTech
• Designing and driving monthly data operations review (bring multiple teams across Atlassian together to increase dialog across teams and ensure investment in infrastructure is consistent and high ROI)
• Coordinating with non-technical business teams (e.g. Legal and Risk & Compliance) to translate business needs and drive results
This role will suit a converted data science or analytics person who enjoys leaning into the project and program management areas of team work and loves getting into the technical details to help the teams get passed blockers.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
• 3-5 years experience delivering software projects in a cloud environment as a project manager, tech lead, team lead, dev manager, product manager, QA, lead developer or similar
• Strong technical chops to establish credibility with engineers and GSD quickly, a real passion for cloud technology and for changing the future of team work (beyond tools and rituals)
• Strong communication and organizational skills
It's great, but not required, if you have:
• Coding experience (in SQL, Python, etc.)
• Familiarity with product or marketing instrumentation process and data ETL flow
More about the team
We are a team on a mission to ensure that R&D can successfully scale. Specifically, R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity and serve as the grease and the glue to ensure teams deliver complex cross functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects.
Our impact is amplified beyond delivery through our work to advance the program management craft. We band together to develop and apply practices, patterns (plays) and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year to support your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top