Technical Content Specialist (Contract)
HipChat is looking to bring a technical content specialist to our Product Marketing team in SF. This is a part-time contract role (6-12 months) for someone with a flare for storytelling, a healthy sense of humor, technical chops, and passion for team collaboration.
What you'll do
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering teams to understand the "what" and the "how" of what they are building, but ultimately deliver the "why" with our Product Marketing team.
- Act as the go-to person for sharing technical information with our customers via release notes, blog posts about our backend platform, in-product messaging, and other customer comms.
- Partner with Product Marketing team to nail our brand voice in every customer-facing communication - even the technical ones.
- Work with our Content Product Marketer to plan an editorial calendar around technical posts throughout the year
What experience we'd like you to have
You are an exceptional writer who can write at any length, but you really excel at translating highly technical statements into compelling stories that inspire our customers.
You love understanding and communicating the technical details of a product, and becoming a technical expert in the product you're writing for.
- You know what people on software development teams like to do, read, wear, watch, listen to, what conferences they like to attend, who they think is full of hot air, and who they think is really a thought-leader.
- You’re at ease talking to and working with people in any part of the business from marketing to developers, from finance to executives. You can successfully communicate an idea to any audience.
- You've found ways to bring delight to users via in-product messaging and tied that back to actual feature usage metrics.
- You've injected brand voice into technical descriptions.
- 5+ years writing experience in software/technical field
- Familiarity with cloud-based collaboration market (passion for team chat is a bonus!)
- Expertise in WordPress or other blogging platform
- Familiarity with SEO-driven content production
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top