Are you highly organized, business-focused and passionate about numbers? Do you find excitement at the prospect of collaborating with a world-class Tax team whose work makes a profound and meaningful business impact on the bottom line? Do you want to be part of an amazing company that is scaling aggressively and rapidly while staying true to is values? If you answered yes, then join us in our exciting next stage of growth.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced and talented Tax Analyst who is comfortable with a rapidly changing environment. You will develop positive relationship with and provide assistance to the Tax team in handling all sorts of taxation matters. You will work closely with various members of team in addition to working closely with the accounting and procurement team to meet monthly deliverables.
In this role:
- You will collaborate with the team on matters involving taxation and participate in intensive month-end process
- You are to analyze accounts to identify transactions intended for tax and prepare tax-related journals
- You will contribute in filing indirect tax returns on time and answering audit requests
- You are going to contribute in the improvement of our internal tax documentation and making sure it is up to date
- You will assist in other miscellaneous projects as needed to support the team in making a difference in the business
On your first day, we'll expect that:
- You have at least 1 year of tax experience within multinational and/or BPO/Shared Services Company
- You have some background in tracking of spending and expense tagging for tax compliance
- You have a good understanding of the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries
- You posses the ability to learn new concepts on the fly independently and can communicate through verbal and written platforms effectively
- You are hungry for learning and have no qualms growing your knowledge of new systems and technology
It's also great but not required if:
- You have completed or working toward CA or CPA
More about our team
The Tax team sets and oversees the worldwide tax strategy and makes sure Atlassian is tax compliant around the globe. You will be joining a talented, collaborative, global team with a stellar mix of industry, operational, and Big Four experience. We are always growing, learning, and adapting. Our team is crazy smart and very direct. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are self-driven but team oriented.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top