Support Engineer, Jira Cloud
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving the deepest and gnarliest tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world (startups to Fortune 500 corporations), and love variety, this job has it all in spades. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is changing its focus to allow it to scale with the business. Atlassian Support Engineers work directly with our customers to help unlock the potential in teams around the globe by troubleshooting, debugging, and answering questions about our products.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Exposure to Java environment troubleshooting
- Experience working with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS)
- Drive to be the champion for the customer, and a lack of patience for delay or lack of urgency
- Focus on customer success and team support first
- Ability to learn and teach new technologies as required
- Demonstrated ability to detect and diagnose complex and critical technical issues effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated experience with one or more Application Servers (e.g: Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, WebLogic, etc...)
- Strong Operating Systems knowledge (e.g: Linux, OSX, Windows)
- Extensive database and SQL experience
- Strong networking knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
- 5+ years technical support experience OR 5+ years sysadmin employment history in a similar product environment
What you'll be doing:
- Resolving customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Global technical escalation management to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- Communicating to our customer base through necessary means to resolve application issues
- Enable replication and debugging of issues to verify product related bugs
- Creation and curation of knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- Improving and streamlining internal processes to make our work operationally efficient
- Development work targeted towards actively preventing customer pain
- Performing case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers
- Always monitoring queue health and identifying ways to proactively address trends
- Always be seeking to be precise with communication and actions
- Participating with the team to define new methods and system changes to improve the customer service level, reduce overall resolution times, and improve team efficiency and quality
- Looking at the active tickets, inbound queue, and internal meetings and plan their day/week so they give themselves the time they need for long periods of research, customer calls, ticket recaps, etc.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top