Strategy and Business Operations - Strategy Manager
Atlassian is seeking a Strategy Manager / Senior Strategy Manager who is passionate about driving growth at a fast growing software company with a unique business model, and playing a key role in the development of our Strategy & Business Operations team. If you are looking to make a big impact, partner with world-class talent, and take your career to the next level, we encourage you to join us in this exciting journey. You are a good fit if you are driven, highly organized, a self-starter, analytical, and have a strong business acumen.
At Atlassian, the Strategy & Business Operations team is a high impact and visible team that works closely with product & business leaders across the company. Using your business insight, analytical skills and creativity, you will partner directly with product leaders in our Platform and Enterprise Cloud team, and take a leading role in driving strategy, growth, and business operations. You’ll own projects from inception to execution and delivery, ensuring that the solutions you develop are creative and offer high-quality and actionable recommendations to business partners. You'll also quarterback aspects of the month-to-month business operations, increasing visibility and accountability around business metrics that drive growth.
More about you
In this role, you'll get to:
- Partner directly with product, go-to-market and finance teams to help prioritize product roadmaps, deliver strategic recommendations and analyses, and develop go-to-market & monetization strategies that drive growth for the business
- Support our Head of Migrations and a Product Leader on critical company-wide initiatives to migrate our customers to the Cloud and strengthen and grow our Product SKUs for Enterprise customers
- Drive large scale customer research to help inform business decisions
- Build financial and analytical models to identify actionable insights, exercise sound business discernment, and develop recommendations to influence and drive consensus across functional leaders
- Identify packaging and pricing models to better align with customer needs, value and willingness-to-pay
- Collaborate daily with a cross-function team which includes product, customer insights & analytics, finance and other teams
- Contribute to the monthly process to monitor performance, including driving the product metrics review cadence and "quarterbacking" a cross-functional team to diagnose problems when they occur
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 4-7 years experience with experience to two or more areas of: business operations, strategy, product, go-to-market / sales strategy, monetization, strategic finance, growth experimentation or similar
- An understanding of Enterprise Software and SaaS/subscription business models
- Demonstrated experience in driving business case development / strategic recommendations from end-to-end
- Experience crafting and executing qualitative and quantitative customer research
- Proficiency in financial modeling and building revenue and cost drivers
- Strong proficiency with Excel and experience using SQL
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills with all levels of an organization
- BA/BS degree in Business, Economics, Math, Engineering or a related analytical field
It's great, but not required that you have:
- An MBA
- Experience with other statistical analysis tools (e.g. R, Stata, SAS, SPSS, Python)
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
More about our team
We are a talented and collaborative team with a unique mix of backgrounds from the technology, consulting and financial services industries. Our responsibilities include driving product strategy, growth through monetization, go-to-market initiatives, as well as leading the ongoing business operations that support the business. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We embed deeply within the product teams, and also work closely with business leadership across multiple other functions including marketing, analytics, finance, and more to support the company’s continued growth. You'll join a team that is not only intelligent, motivated, and passionate about Atlassian's products and customers, but also fun to work with.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top