Sr. Manager of Global Security Engineering
Atlassian is one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the World, and we are on the look-out for a hands-on, technical individual to lead and grow our Global Security Engineering team. Working closely with our Engineering and Product teams, you will play a key part in our ongoing security program and will lead, and grow, a world-class team of Security Engineers across the world.
What you'll do
This role is challenging, ever changing, rewarding, and vital to Atlassian's mission to unleash the potential in every team. You will need exceptional technical abilities and phenomenal people management skills. Your most important function is to inspire your team to ensure Atlassian products are ready to meet the security challenges our customers face.
As the prime technical security resource within Atlassian, you will work across our entire development community, evangelizing, and leading creative solutions to security issues.
- You'll be an advocate for implementations that reinforce the trust customers expect from Atlassian.
- Getting product shipped is key measure of success, so creating scalable automation is important to the success in the role.
- You will build a solid understanding of the business, evaluating and communicating risk to technical and non-technical Atlassians, while prompting appropriate action and maintaining accountability.
- As an industry advocate for security, participating in industry discussions and forums, you will help Atlassian to build a solid reputation in the field.
More about you
On your first day, you will have:
- Solid experience in hands-on application security, both as an individual and leading a team.
- Managed a team of at least 5 people - everything from 1:1s, performance management, yearly reviews etc.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with experience of developing and instilling a culture of product ownership & cross product collaboration.
- Experience practising contemporary software development methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, XP, etc.
- You must have a balanced approach between people, processes and tools, without being tool-driven.
- A strong understanding of the latest approaches and technologies is important, along with a personal passion for security.
More about the team
Atlassian Security has one clear mission, "To build trust with every team" through our goals of removing barriers, being transparent and consistent. We are committed to making it easier to work with us trough publishing everything we do through trust.atlassian.com.
We are a small focused group who is committed to protecting security of our customers and of Atlassian itself. We work both independently and in collaboration with development teams as we assess and respond to security issues that might occur with new products and features.
More about the perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including beer and bubbly), ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 60,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Swati ensures that every feature and functionality of Atlassian’s popular products are fully and fantastically integrated in ways that will create seamless and unique user experiences.
Back to top