Sr Communications Manager, Technology
Do you want to be part of an incredible growth company – to have a chance to be a strategist, but also do hands-on work that makes an impact on the bottom line? Atlassian is looking for a communications ninja to craft and nurture the stories we share with the world. Atlassian is known for it's unique approach to R&D, and invests far more in R&D than sales and marketing. As the internal and external communications manager for Atlassian's infrastructure, platform, and engineering teams, you will work cross functionally to help communicate with Atlassian employees, journalists, and customers. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues, capture the "behind the scenes" of technical feats, and share our journey to a variety of audiences. In this role, you’ll be part of the Global Communications team, reporting to the Director of Product Communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working as the communications partner for our CTO and engineering leadership to craft compelling communications materials around Atlassian's unique R&D culture, strategy, and vision.
- Developing press strategies and providing communications guidance around technical infrastructure and engineering initiatives.
- Maintaining close, productive relationships with ecosystem of journalists in tech, business and developer press.
- Drive engineering speaking opportunities and community engagement activities designed to support recruiting.
- Writing executive communications, including contributed content and internal communications for engineering leaders.
More about you
On your first day, we'd love you to have:
- Minimum of 5-6 years of internal or external communications experience in enterprise software, cloud, SaaS, technical infrastructure and/or tech PR and Marketing.
- Technical prowess and ability to contribute to and shape extremely technical messaging and storylines.
- Experience providing communications guidance to product and engineering team members and devising communications strategy.
- A knack for knowing what will interest media and how to shape messaging for different technical audiences.
- Top notch decision making skills: ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Exceptional writing skills, with a love for penning messaging platforms, translating technical messages into compelling pitches, contributed content, executive keynotes, and blogs.
- You ‘grok’ the world and nomenclature of software development, and you have insights and opinions about what’s happening today and where the market is moving.
- High-energy and the ability to be scrappy and multi-task to prioritize high profile projects and juggle urgent inbound requests with ease.
- BS/BA degree.
More about our team
Everything we do on the marketing and communications team is driven by business impact, and every project has one owner who is empowered as the key decision maker. We determine success metrics up front and restlessly drive towards them. We strive for transparency and awareness in everything we do, but we are comfortable not knowing the details on everything. We embrace our “open company, no bullshit” value and have the grit to tell it like it is. We're good listeners, especially the voice of our customer. We move really fast. We take risks and fail (which is OK!). We take away key lessons to ensure we don't repeat the same mistakes again. We play as a team. We promise you'll never be bored.
Atlassian. Powered by You.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Head Of Developer Advocacy
Grace reaches out to development communities to understand, translate, and incorporate customer ideas about new technology needs into existing tools and educational efforts.
Back to top