Software Team Lead - PaaS
Software Development Team Lead- PaaS
As a Software Team Lead at Atlassian, you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools with over 60,000 customers.
We're looking for experienced and talented technical leaders to help build the platform that powers Atlassian's Cloud products.
You’ll play a key role in shaping our internal PaaS. Utilising your deep understanding of modern web architectures & Cloud platforms, your programming expertise and your ops experience, you will help future-proof our established products and internal tooling. Leading a kick-ass team that designs, implements and operates infrastructure components that are consumed by hundreds of microservices across Atlassian.
To be successful in this role, you’ll bring;
· Solid experience of developing, owning & operating mission critical cloud scale services
· Experience leading software developers using current tools and following current practices specifically in Cloud Platform
· Expertise with software development in languages like Node.JS, Java, Go and/or Python
· Hands-on experience with public cloud offerings. AWS preferred (e.g. EC2, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, or equivalent).
· Experience operating production services; innate understanding of the importance of monitoring & alerting, as well as best practices for rolling out frequent production changes with customer impact and customer value in mind.
· A passion for understanding your fellow engineers' dev speed & reliability needs, and a knack for identifying & communicating how platform features (or restrictions!) can address them.
More about Atlassian
This is both a people management & tech management position where you will lead a team of experienced, smart engineers based in Sydney but form part of a global team. As part of the PaaS leadership team, you will help drive & document key technical decisions (e.g. rent vs. build) by identifying & mitigating risks based on a deep knowledge of the systems in your remit.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the centre of it all. With more than 80,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Trello & HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Swati ensures that every feature and functionality of Atlassian’s popular products are fully and fantastically integrated in ways that will create seamless and unique user experiences.
Back to top