Software Quality Engineering Manager
Are you passionate about software quality? Do you think like an analyst, care passionately about getting it right first time, and view coding with the eyes of a high-energy perfectionist? Then please, read on!
At Atlassian we've reinvented QA. For us, the difference between making good software and making great software is our Software Quality Engineers. Not to be confused with traditional QA’s or testers, our Quality Engineers are the guardians of the quality of our code base. In simple terms, testing at Atlassian is performed by our developers, who are responsible for the maintaining quality standards in their own coding – the opposite of other companies, where a QA’s job is to fix bugs on a developer’s behalf.
More about you;
- You will be passionate about building, developing and retaining a high-performing, balanced team of experienced QA engineers, and create an environment where they can flourish and succeed.
- You'll also be excited to achieve high-reaching quality and development speed improvement goals, within time and within budget.
- You will assist with building the long-term Quality roadmap for all of Atlassian’s products.
- You’ll take point on quality related decisions through sophisticated, data backed, business cases offering compelling options.
- You will promote, define, refine and implement continuous innovation in QA processes.
You will also have most of following;
- Expert knowledge of Service Quality - Eradicating, preventing, detecting and mitigating quality risks.
- A passion for Risk Management - Identifying high risk/high reward opportunities and betting boldly, but not recklessly, on them
- A keen interest in Recruitment - Sourcing and recruiting the best talent for QA via outbound and inbound channels.
- Validated experience in Team Leadership - Being a visible role model for the QA Engineers in getting things done and meeting your own goals and commitments, helping your team to grow, develop and hit their individual goals
- Great skills in Relationship Management - Fostering and maintaining strong relationships with partners, product family collaborators, QA managers and cross-functional leaders.
- Knowledge of Process Improvements - Improving quality, efficiency and independence in teams through process experimentation and validation. More about our Quality Engineering team;
More about our Quality Engineering team;
This team are doing amazing things every day, but we need a leader to join us, and guide them towards even further greatness!
Every day our Software Quality Managers get involved with defining, leading and executing the quality strategy for Atlassian’s core products, and ensuring that development teams have the tools they need to execute top quality software in a timely manner.
More about the perks;
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some excellent perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including our famous 'Charlie's bar'), ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More about Atlassian;
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 40,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Inspired by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
Back to top