Software Engineer, Search
Atlassian is looking for an exceptional developer to join our new Search Engineering team. You will be joining the team at a very early stage and will be instrumental in determining the direction of the team. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the modern technology stack yet will have a hunger for keeping up to speed with all new technologies to come. The position offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and to use cutting edge techniques to solve tough yet exciting search and data problems. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Build smooth streaming pipelines to update search indexes in real time
- Improve the availability, response time and scalability of the system
- Monitor and respond to alerts to ensure customer success
- Pioneer the next generation of Search, including media search
- Continuously Solve challenging problems at the intersection of computational systems and user experience
More about you
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a problem-solver who focuses on the end goal and achieves it with quality and teamwork
- Have experience building real-time data ingestion pipelines
- Demonstrate strong flexibility and adaptability
- Be a fast-learner, to get up to speed with new techniques
- Be able to make best technology choices, the best solutions are not always the most complicated ones
- Be someone who knows how to play, as a team
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Proficient skills as a programmer, in particular, a strong command of Java
- Strong design skills for fault tolerant and scalable architecture
- A strong ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience building large scale, high transaction volume cloud applications
- Experience with Cloud - AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related areas.
It's great, but not required, if you have experience with:
- Experience working on indexing and ranking problems
- Experience with Elasticsearch and AWS Kinesis
- Working knowledge of a stream processing system
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark and Presto
- Exposure to Learning-to-Rank algorithms and concepts
More about the team
You'll be joining a team focused on solving the problem of recall as well as discovery for our customers across the suite of Atlassian cloud products. The vision of Atlassian is to unleash the potential of every team and our products enable effective collaboration amongst the team members. The search team helps our customers find what they need quickly and hence improves the effectiveness of the team collaboration. The search team has substantial impact on helping our customers succeed, and we're committed to pushing current trends in search technology in order to create a distinctive experience across our brand.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top