Do you want to work with talented peers in a fun environment building a world class product? If you’re eager to develop software in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence — this is the place for you!
Opsgenie is a modern incident management platform for operating always-on services, empowering Dev & Ops teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents. Opsgenie centralizes alerts, notifies the right people reliably, and enables them to collaborate and take rapid action.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineer(s) to join our product development teams that build Opsgenie’s core product features like alerting flow, notifications management, user management and pricing & subscription management.
We’d like our new colleagues to be passionate about their engineering craft. You'll apply your inquisitive approach in a collaborative manner no matter the task, solving complex problems whether they touch the customer or simply compliment the work of your team.
More about you
On your first day, we'd love for you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar discipline
- Hands-on programming experience in object-oriented languages (Java is preferred)
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development, Refactoring, Clean Code, Clean Architecture, Design Patterns, Data Structures and Algorithms
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- A collaborative approach to your work in your team
It's great, but not required, that you have:
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Familiarity with AWS Services (DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, EC2 and ElastiCache)
- Experience with building microservices designed for high availability and low latency
- Experience in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment)
- Experience in Spring Framework
- Experience in ElasticSearch and Redis
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.