Software Engineer - Marketplace
As a developer for Atlassian you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools with over 60,000 customers. We're looking for a results-driven full-stack engineer to help stoke the fuel on our Atlassian Marketplace rocket ship. You will be working in a fast-paced environment on a service-based application where every line of code you write will be appreciated by a customer community of millions. You will be responsible for implementing, monitoring, and optimizing the code that powers Atlassian Marketplace's data model, analytics, service APIs, and reducing technical debt along with improvements in the SDLC. As a developer in one of the fastest-growing businesses at Atlassian, our products are scaling rapidly, and this is the team with the most to gain.
This is highly technical developer position where you will have autonomy to dream up and implement great features and services, based in both San Francisco, reporting to the Development Team Lead.
What you'll do
- Help us build and scale a service that's used by every Atlassian customer around the world
- Develop awesome new features front to back, ship multiple times per week
- Engage with other developers, front-end designers, and product managers
- Liaise with the technical leads and architects to promote great software design and quality
- Drive innovation by coming up with new and surprising ideas for our products and processes
- Point out issues with the existing architecture and code, and clean it up by practicing BTCYS
- Monitor, diagnose, and fine-tune the back-end, data model, and analytics performance of a large service
More about you
On your first day, you should have:
- Experience with Java and a strong desire to learn Scala and scalaz
- Deep architectural understanding of web applications
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team
- Useful additions
- Knowledge of open source libraries, tools and frameworks, e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, building. The more the merrier!
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (especially MongoDB)
- Excitement about the latest trends in application design
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like XP or Scrum
- Interest to learn more about new languages and frameworks
You could be a great fit if:
- You have a stellar project you can point us to and highlight your personal contribution
- You've handled a full time software development workload for at least two years
Come and talk to us! Join a fast-growing tech success with a culture of openness and honesty, and no bullshit or bureaucracy. Show us something! Your Bitbucket or Github repos, your technology-focused Twitter or blog, etc...
More about the team
As a team lead for Atlassian you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools with over 60,000 customers. We're looking for a results-driven development team lead to help stoke the fuel on our Atlassian Marketplace rocket ship while also mentoring an awesome team of developers and helping them flourish. You will be working in a fast-paced environment on a service-based application where every line of code your team writes will be appreciated by a customer community of millions. Your team is responsible for implementing, monitoring, and optimizing the code that powers Atlassian Marketplace's data model, analytics, and service APIs. You will work directly with an awesome team of developers, as well as other engineering leaders, product management, design, and more. As a member of one of the fastest-growing businesses at Atlassian, our products are scaling rapidly, and this is the team with the most to gain.
In 2015, Atlassian was awarded the #1 Best Place to Work in Australia for a second straight year—but the love doesn't stop there. We were also voted as the #1 Best Place to Work in Asia for two years running (small and medium size companies), #1 Best Place to Work in the Netherlands (large & multinational companies), and #2 in the US (medium size companies).
Atlassian. Powered by You.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Head Of Developer Advocacy
Grace reaches out to development communities to understand, translate, and incorporate customer ideas about new technology needs into existing tools and educational efforts.
Back to top