Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead
Love staying ahead of the growth curve and experimenting with new software and environments? Get on board as an Atlassian Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead.
In this role you’ll lead a team of engineers that will build solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability of Atlassian services as well as automating away repetitive work. You'll also define processes respond to pings, pages and alerts to investigate issues in our products that you can really sink your teeth into. Your team will be working on non-production and production environments, monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation. The best person for this role is someone that has strong team leadership skills and a collaborative spirit - in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
This role would be a great fit for someone that loves running high-scale systems for thousands of simultaneous applications. You understand how to motivate a team to ensure the availability of that system. You take proactive action to resolve issues before they even exist (cf. Skynet). You strive to improve the status quo, and have excellent technical skills and communication skills to match. To be successful in this role you must thrive on learning new technologies and systems, work well with developers across dozens of delivery teams and above all, be the calm voice of reason in a room full of different points of view.
One thing we promise: you’ll never be bored.
More about you:
On your first day, you will have experience in:
- Demonstrate at least 3 years experience in operations team leadership for a SAAS, hosted or virtualised platform.
- Ability to effectively lead a team of up to 10 engineers, potentially across multiple shifts and locations.
- Experience working in a technical environment with technologies such as Java, AWS, Linux and Python
- Show us how you set and maintain a high standard within operations teams, ensuring consistent and expedient response to events in mission critical systems.
- Expert in performance and people management with a focus on mentoring and motivating engineers
- Ability to work with cross-functional delivery teams to improve your teams product / service
- Strong ability to effectively delegate work
- Be a change agent for the business
- Not be afraid to get your hands dirty and contribute to technical support and your team's project delivery.
We'd be super excited if you have:
- Deep architectural understanding of web hosting and cloud services.
- Solid understanding of Networking technologies and concepts.
- Expertise with monitoring solutions such as Datadog
- Moderate Understanding of ITIL terminology like incident and problem management
- Moderate experience with Linux systems
- Finally: A clear head in the presence of alerts / Nerf darts
More about our team
Atlassian Site Reliability Engineering is a rapidly growing group within the organisation. We are in the process of building our teams, tools and systems as part of Atlassian's mission to build the best SaaS services in the world. This is a truly exciting team to join - we are currently or are planning to be involved with every technical team across Atlassian.
We enable Atlassian to go fast by providing real time feedback on production systems. We work side by side with the product family and platform developers to maintain and improve services and performance. We live the company values with a strong customer focus and possess a healthy sense of urgency. We are a heavily data driven team, utilising a variety of data collection, enrichment, analytics and visualisations to learn about our complex systems.
We also live the 'Play, as a team' value by having a strong focus on sharing learning experiences from the front line with the development teams. So, the options for people in the team are vast. If you like mastering a domain and going deep, we need you. If you can juggle three tasks and coordinate multiple people in the heat of an incident, we need you. If you love the benefits of process and methodical improvement, you will love it here. If you want to keep your head down, headphones on and bash out code to support the team, we have a spot for you too.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, HipChat, and now Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top