Site Reliability Engineer
Love staying ahead of the growth curve and experimenting with new software and environments? Get on board as an Atlassian Site Reliability Engineer.
As an Engineer in one of our Site Reliability Engineering teams, you’ll build solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability of the Atlassian Marketplace and Ecosystem Platform services as well as automating away repetitive work. You'll also respond to pings, pages and alerts to investigate issues in our products that you can really sink your teeth into. You'll be working on non-production and production environments, monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation. The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative spirit - in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
This role would be a great fit for someone with creative and innovative problem solving skills with a willingness to take responsibility for the code you write all the way to production. You will develop and implement solutions that operate at scale - seeing your own technology efforts directly improve the reliability of our products. Our teams are empowered and expected to improve our products to truly deliver a reliable experience to customers. You will own development efforts in each and every sprint from planning to delivery to realize this goal and collaborate with different team to review code.
One thing we promise: you’ll never be bored.
More about you:
On your first day, you will have experience in:
- 3+ years professional experience in Software Development in a large scale environment.
- 1+ years of professional software development in Scala.
- 1+ years of professional experience with AWS.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially MongoDB).
- Production-level operations experience across JVM applications.
- Serious troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack.
- Experience troubleshooting a continuous integration pipeline.
- Experience monitoring distributed systems application architectures.
- Understanding of Linux systems.
We'd be super excited if you have:
- Experience with functional programming.
- Experience using Configuration management tools like Ansible, Terraform or Puppet.
- Knowledge of open source libraries, tools and frameworks, e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, building. The more the merrier!
- Excitement about the latest trends in application design.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like XP or Scrum.
- Interest to learn more about new languages and frameworks.
- Finally: A clear head in the presence of alerts.
More about our team
As a site reliability engineer for Atlassian you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools with over 60,000 customers. We're looking for a results-driven engineer to help stoke the fuel on our Atlassian Marketplace rocket ship. You will be working in a fast-paced environment on service-based applications where every line of code your team writes and operates will be appreciated by a customer community of millions. Your team is responsible for implementing, monitoring, and optimizing the code that powers Atlassian Marketplace and Ecosystem Platform's data model, analytics, and service APIs. You will be working side by side with the Marketplace and Ecosystem Platform teams to maintain and improve services and performance. You will live the company values with a strong customer focus and possess a healthy sense of urgency. You will be joining a heavily data driven team, utilizing a variety of data collection, enrichment, analytics and visualizations to learn about our complex systems. As a member of one of the fastest-growing businesses at Atlassian, our products are scaling rapidly, and this is the team with the most to gain.
More about Atlassian
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top