Senior Web Developer
In the past few years HipChat has become the chat tool loved by Whole Foods, Wired, NASA, WebMD, and thousands of other great companies. We've been shipping features like crazy but need people to help us take it to the next level. years
Huge impact - Thousands of the brightest teams rely on HipChat to bring their companies together and get work done. You'll be designing, building, and shipping features that they'll love.
Independence - We're hiring great people and letting them do what they do best. No handholding or micromanaging. Plus, we actually use our 20% time and ShipIt days to build cool stuff.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world through the power of software. We are looking for a senior web developer to build and enhance HipChat's public, administrative, and support web functionality. As a HipChat Web Developer, you’ll be a member of the team responsible for a wide range of web functionality spanning everything from HipChat's public sign up flow to the backend tools that our support team uses to assist customers. You will be supported by robust backend systems, mature protocols, and an experienced team with a strong desire to build the best chat and collaboration platform out there. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting children born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity. You'll need a solid technical prowess with incredible coding ability across a diverse set of languages and technologies. You will thrive on the ability to work under pressure.
What you do
- Develop functionality for HipChat's public, administrative, and support websites including the user interface and backing microservices.
- Work with your product management counterpart to build the best experience for the end user.
- Break down large problems into stories and tasks for you and your team to work on.
- Understand performance, scalability, and software development best practices, and implement them in the code you write.
- Grow junior developers on the team through mentorship and leading by example.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated understanding of a variety of modern web technologies.
- Experience building scalable, high performance web functionality.
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience coaching and developing junior developers.
- Experience with server-side programming languages.
- Experience evaluating and adopting new technologies.
- Familiarity with chat / messaging systems would be a huge bonus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top