Senior UX Researcher
Do you live and breathe research, love working with people, and thrive on applying insights to influence product design and strategy? Atlassian is searching for a Senior UX Researcher to join our Design team in Sydney.
At Atlassian, our Researchers guide our product teams through the research process to develop insights that impact roadmaps. You will join a talented, nimble team, taking responsibility for research that feeds the design, strategy and development for some of our most loved products.
We have nearly 9M users all around the world--and teams (massive and small) depend on our software to do their work. Using a lean approach to design & research, you'll work closely with your team to quickly inform both the short-term goals, and long term vision
In this key role, you will:
- Conduct end-to-end UX Research utilizing a wide variety of methodologies, from early stage contextual inquiries, ethnography, and concept testing through usability studies and any other methodology that you think will be right for the job (or any new methodology you would like to try!)
- Set up and maintain research frameworks and internal engagement models for usability testing, surveys, interviews and requirements workshops.
- Collaborate with your cross-functional and tight-knit product team to define success metrics, goals and testable hypotheses.
- Document and communicate results, make recommendations and provide insights, and ultimately help your team transform these outputs into prioritized work on product roadmaps.
More about you
- We'd love you to bring at least 6+ years of hands-on experience as UX Researcher, a degree in Psychology (especially Organizational Psychology) or equivalent experience.
- It would be great if you had a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques in your toolkit and a demonstrated ability to analyze results, tell an impactful story and help maximize business value.
- It's also helpful if you are knowledgeable in the software industry and software development project life cycle.
- This position will need a strong communicator, able to influence and inspire change. You know how to choose the right research to do at the right time, how to synthesize results into a coherent and truthful story, and how to create effective models that reflect those results, such as journey maps, process flows and personas.
- Most importantly, you are passionate about quickly translating your research findings into valuable, actionable insights for the business.
More about our team
You'll be joining a team that is crazy smart and very direct. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in 'lean', which means we don't do documentation for documentation's sake. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to prove ourselves right (or wrong). It's all about improving our users' experience no matter who or where it is.
More about the perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, plenty of food and drinks, ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 85,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket–and now Trello! Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Swati ensures that every feature and functionality of Atlassian’s popular products are fully and fantastically integrated in ways that will create seamless and unique user experiences.
Back to top