Senior UI Designer
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our product range. If you live and breathe the user experience, love solving hard problems and relish variety, Atlassian has a great opportunity for you.
We're currently seeking a Senior UI Designer to join our growing design team in Sydney. You'll have the opportunity to innovate across multiple software products that are changing the world (like JIRA, Confluence & Bitbucket) in one of Atlassian’s pivotal teams, so it's never going to be boring!
You'll work on a variety of design challenges and will be involved in crafting beautiful, compelling user interfaces and features. You’ll help define, execute and iterate on visual and experience design patterns, flows, and interactions for our world-class products. Ultimately it’s about creating an awesome user experience for our 60,000 customers around the world.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of hands-on experience as an Interaction Designer/UI Designer or similar, ideally with software or complex web-based applications experience
- Strong UI execution skills, combined with a healthy interest in (and some evidence of) UX design work
- Proficient in various design techniques such as wireframing, sketching, prototyping, development of UI assets
- Experience working in agile and lean environments
- Great facilitation and collaboration skills, a flexible and friendly approach to working in teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes
- Knowledge of Git and software development would be beneficial, but not a necessity
More about our team
You’ll be joining a team that is smart and direct. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in 'lean', which means we don’t do documentation for documentation's sake. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to see if we're right (or wrong). It’s all about improving our user’s experience—no matter who or where it is.
More about the perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some great perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, breakfasts/lunches & snacks provided, ergonomic workstations, 20% work time for your passion projects, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 60,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat – and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
Back to top