Data is a big deal at Atlassian. We ingest over 50 billion events each month into our data platforms. We have dozens of teams driving their decisions and guiding their operations based on the data and platforms we provide. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Data Engineering Team which is part of the Data Platform department. Come and join our efforts to further democratize data and build exceptional data platforms for the company. Understand the strategy of the personalization mission and work with internal customers across the organization to build the right, most widely applicable building blocks to unlock personalization at Atlassian. Focus on opportunities and use cases for personalization and drive wide adoption of the platform within Atlassian. Understand the needs of marketers, data science, product teams and combine it with deep knowledge of data engineering to define a vision, and execute a roadmap. Help ensure that Atlassian's data platforms are a desirable, scalable, and trusted destination all types of engineers, analysts and data scientists.
MORE ABOUT OUR TEAM
The Data Platform team is responsible for running multiple analytical data models and data pipelines all across Atlassian, including finance, growth, product analysis, customer support, sales, marketing, etc - so there are endless opportunities for growth. We maintain Atlassian's data lake and build creative and reliable analytics data model that provides a unified way of analyzing our customers, our products, our operations and the interactions among them.
You’ll be joining a team that is self-motivated and very direct. We ask the hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We're all about enabling growth by delivering the right data and insights in the right way to partners across the company.
On your first day, we expect you to have :
- 5+ years of data product management experience, ideally at a fast-growing cloud focused company
- Experience with marketing, marketing technology and data-driven personalization
- Proven track record of setting product vision and translating it into a product roadmap and end-to-end execution
- Ability to execute on a product backlog, balancing innovation, maintenance and support
- Develops and defends strong points of view with data and analytics
- Outstanding track record of building relationships at all levels. You’ll make sure everyone is on the same page and love to work with you!
- Self-awareness with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience building company CRM, e-commerce, marketing data or communication platforms
- Worked with structured, unstructured and graph data
- BE/BS/BA with an emphasis in technology, IT or operations; Masters or MBA preferred
- Strong technical background - you’re a PM by trade, but love geeking out over phenomenal technical ideas from time to time
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.