Senior Support Engineer (Technical Lead)
We're looking for a Senior Support Engineer and technical lead to join our growing support team with the goal of making our customers awesome. If you love solving the deepest and gnarliest tech problems, enjoy working with customers from around the world, and love variety, this job has it all in spades. This isn't your typical support gig. You will have the responsibility of coaching and helping your team solve problems for a wide range of customer segments, from start-ups to large corporations, to help identify and resolve product issues. Atlassian is a growing company and there's a lot of opportunity to work with a broad range of technologies, people and products.
Here are just a few of the things you'll get involved in: verify bugs and work with development on delivering fixes, influence product direction through customer feedback, collaborate with our global Support team to serve customers worldwide and publish knowledge articles to our customer self-help portal. You will work with support engineers (your internal customers) across the globe to ensure critical issues are handled in a timely and helpful manner. You and your team will provide Atlassians' Legendary customer service through professional written and verbal communication with customers in various types of roles. You would define improved methods to increase user experience while building internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help communicate customer needs and urgency. You will perform case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers. You've mastered multi-tasking and prioritizing among multiple opportunities, including strategic projects, and monitoring queue health. Your top priority is developing your team in becoming highly skilled support engineers with domain expertise in all types of technologies across the Atlassian stack. You are truly motivated by customer success.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical support role (preferably in a software environment), which includes 3+ years of programming or Java/J2EE issue resolution experience
- Experience with the following technologies: distributed version control systems (e.g., git, mercurial, etc.), operating systems, databases (e.g., SQL) and one or more application servers (e.g., Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, JBoss etc.)
- Be the go-to person to remove technical obstacles and assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing customer issues of highest complexity involving 3rd party products
- Handle and assist to solve escalated technical issues by being a troubleshooting champion. Conduct case reviews to assess case handling from a technical perspective, identifying possible areas of improvement and development
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills for both internal and external communications via phone, video conferences, and email, with the ability to deescalate difficult situations with customers
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience with working with Atlassian products
More about our team
The team is filled with customer focused individuals that champion and support products that are used by a growing list of 50K customers globally. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product as well as our customer's overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with the customers, problem solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve the customer's experience, our product, our support system, or our individual weaknesses. We are not scared of challenges, nor do we back down or get deterred by tough problems. When problems seem the hardest we are at our best, always searching for the root cause and a solution. We are a combination of passion and persistence. We feel that through our roles we can positively impact millions of end-users and their experience with our products. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located around the globe, and all about providing legendary service to our customers.
Atlassian. Powered by you.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Head Of Developer Advocacy
Grace reaches out to development communities to understand, translate, and incorporate customer ideas about new technology needs into existing tools and educational efforts.
Back to top