Senior Support Engineer - Jira
This isn't your typical support gig. If you love obsessing over the customer's end-to-end experience, solving the deepest and gnarliest tech problems, working with all types of customers from around the world, and thrive on variety, this job has it all in spades. From start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations, you will not only provide a Legendary experience to our customers yourself but also coach and help your team do the same; plus so much more. Atlassian Senior Support Engineers are responsible for improving our customers' experience with our products through advanced troubleshooting and helping our global team of engineers solve our more difficult problems.
- Global technical escalation management to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- Use professional written and verbal communications to customer base to resolve application issues
- Create and curate knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- Verify bugs and work with development on delivering fixes
- Help improve and streamline internal processes to make our work operationally efficient
- Responsible for helping define best practices and improving methods to benefit the user experience
- Perform case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers
- Evaluate active tickets, prioritizing strategic projects, workload and monitoring queue health
- Build internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help communicate the needs and urgency of our customers
- Influence product direction through customer feedback
- Developing your team in becoming highly skilled support engineers with domain expertise in technologies across the Atlassian stack.
More about you:
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science/Information Technology, or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical support role, preferably in a software environment, and 3+ years programming or Java/J2EE troubleshooting experience.
- Experience and/or familiarity with JVMs, in-depth operating systems knowledge, and experience with databases and SQL.
- Well rounded experience with 1 or more application servers (e.g. Tomcat, Apache, IIS, NGINX etc.)
- Experience with one or more problem analysis (aka troubleshooting) methodologies to gather information and diagnose issues effectively and efficiently.
- Posses strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems and learn new technologies to continually evolve as a technical authority.
- Exhibit strong team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with a wide variety of people and roles.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor other support engineers to grow their technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Your soft skills should be exceptional for both internal and external communications via phone, videoconferences, and email.
- Proven ability to de-escalate difficult situations with customers, while multi-tasking between tickets and mentoring your team.
- You are a self-starter with strong prioritization skills and a passion for change and improvement.
- An additional positive would be that if you have experience with Atlassian products.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top