Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it's necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Enterprise Support Engineer is a part of our Enterprise team, which is focused on providing advanced support and product expertise to our largest customers. In this role as a support engineer, you will be working on our most important customer accounts and working with global Atlassian team members. You will join a growing team of specialists improving our support capabilities, capacity, and quality for our largest and most sophisticated customers.
In this role:
Our Enterprise Support Engineers for Migrations hit that sweet spot between a technical and customer-facing role and focus on providing advanced support and product expertise to our largest customers who are on their migration journey from their on-prem Atlassian products to Atlassian Cloud. You will lead and participate in customer-facing calls helping to communicate progress updates, action plans to migration blockers, runbooks, and production migration execution. You will partner closely with cloud migrations manager, product and engineering teams to deliver an awesome migration experience to our customers and provide insights to the product team on making our Migration tooling and customer experience better.
More about you:
You'll be key to providing a consistent quality experience, bringing new and improved support methodologies to Atlassian, and building a wide and dedicated customer base to the Atlassian products and brand. You will perform triage, root cause analysis, debugging and solving across one-to-many Atlassian products. As a valued team member, you will receive on-boarding training to make you a specialist in one or more of our products, system technologies, and network technologies. You will lead and participate in customer-facing calls helping to communicate progress updates, action plans, and resolution details. You will be pivotal for a team ensuring we have customers for life!
Are you passionate about collaborating with knowledgeable teams and about providing high-quality service to the world's largest customers? If so, this role could be perfect for you. Apply and become part of our distributed team of engineers practicing a follow-the-sun methodology with our other offices around the world to deliver the best support possible for our high-priority customers.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years of experience in support, software services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community
- 2+ years of experience in working with enterprise customers in a high touch model
- Experience in migrating customers from Server to the Cloud an added advantage
- Strong database skills, with the expertise to write and update SQL queries with ease
- Strong expertise to write, review or modify Scripts (Python, bash/shell)
- Deep understanding of SSO, SAML, LDAP, Active Directory, SSL, etc
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with APIs and REST calls
- Worked with various operating systems, such as Linux, Unix, and Windows.
- Proven knowledge of networks
- Experience supporting Java, especially the JVM components
- Strong analytical skills, ability to tackle problems, learn new technologies, and enthusiasm to continually evolve as a technical expert
- Exhibit strong team-oriented interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide variety of people and roles
- Exceptional soft skills, both internal and external communications via email, phone, and VC
- Demonstrable ability to de-escalate difficult situations with customers
- Exceptional prioritization and organization skills, that allow you to work on multiple customer migrations simultaneously
- Able to efficiently communicate as the internal SME with customers/partners at an executive level on in-depth technical details, progress and next steps
- Ability to assess tickets, summarize root causes, recommend solutions and then raise when appropriate.
- Simplify perplexing situations and lead calmly through periods of crisis - Experience implementing and optimizing operational processes
- Capability to define, drive and own challenges as they arise.
- Assist in development of knowledge articles and guides for process improvements/enhancements
- Give guidance to team-members to assist with progressing issues (via effective troubleshooting and communication)
- Act as a customer champion by being the voice of the customer - Check communication channels to stay on top of and communicate effectively and proactively with the company or team updates
- Mentor on how to perform strong technical, soft skill, and behavioural interviews with recommendations on how to present clear interview feedback for technical, soft skills, and Enterprise Support characteristics in both debriefs and write-ups
- Basic understanding of Splunk (not a must)
- Good SQL knowledge
- Linux/Unix OS; command line knowledge
- Knowledge of REST API
- Strong scripting knowledge; Ability to write, update and understand scripts
- User Management & Authentication; Basic knowledge of SSO, SAML, LDAP, AD
- Experience getting on calls with customers to provide updates on migration and also hosting these calls
- Good time management and organizing skills
- Engage support teams across multiple regions and/or cross functions within Atlassian like CSM and EA's for best outcomes towards the customer's migration project
- Experience working in an Enterprise environment or with Enterprise customers
- Ability to influence customer and/or partner team to follow best practices for a successful migration
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and alignedcollaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .