Senior Support Engineer, Enterprise
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving the deepest and gnarliest tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world (startups to Fortune 500 corporations), and love variety, this job has it all in spades. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is changing its focus to allow it to scale with the business. Atlassian Senior Support Engineers are responsible for improving our customers' experience with our products, through advanced troubleshooting and helping our global team of engineers solve our more difficult problems.
More about you:
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical support role, preferably in a software environment with Java/J2EE troubleshooting experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with JVMs
- In-depth operating system knowledge (e.g. Windows and/or Linux)
- Familiarity with database concepts (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server or Postgres)
- Well rounded experience with 1 or more application servers (e.g. Tomcat, Apache, IIS, NGINX etc.)
- Advanced Knowledge of basic network functions, standards, and protocols (e.g. proxies, SSL, load balancers, LDAP)
- Strong degree of empathy for the customer experience
- Proven ability to deescalate difficult situations with customers, while multi-tasking between tickets and mentoring your team
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor other support engineers to grow their technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, possessing the ability to support customers over email, phone or screen-shares
- Exhibit strong team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of people and roles from junior engineers to senior executives
- Ability to successfully manage your time, balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency
Bonus points for:
- Experience administrating Jira
- Experience with any of the following AWS, Docker, VMware
- Experience administering an enterprise LAN/WAN environment
- Background in System Engineering or administration
- Experience in Database configuration and administration
- Experience analyzing Java thread dumps & heap dumps
- Experience analyzing network traces using tools such as wireshark or tcpdump
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
More about the role:
- Global technical escalation management to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- Use professional written and verbal communications to customer base to resolve application issues
- Resolve customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Creation and curation of knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- Perform case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers
- Evaluate active tickets, prioritizing workload, strategic projects, and monitoring queue health
- Build internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help communicate the needs and urgency of our customers
- Advocate for our customers, influence product direction through customer feedback
- Developing your team in becoming highly skilled support engineers with subject matter expertise in all types of technologies across the Atlassian stack.
More about the team:
The team is filled with customer focused individuals that champion and support industry-leading products that are used by a growing list of 50,000+ customers globally. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product as well as our customer's overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with the customers, problem solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian.
We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve the customer's experience, the quality of our product, the quality of our support system, or our individual weaknesses. We are not scared of challenges, nor do we back down or get deterred by tough problems. When problems seem the hardest we are at our best, we work harder to find the root cause and a solution.
We are a combination of passion and persistence. We feel that through our roles we can positively impact millions of end-users and their experience with Atlassian products.
Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents. We are respectful, focused, located around the globe, and all about providing legendary service to our customers. To learn more about working with the Support Team at Atlassian, check out our Support Team page!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Back to top